>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Can’t You See - Marshall Tucker Band

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMike

Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:48 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Can't You See is from the first album by the Marshall Tucker Band, released in 1973. It has been high on our Recommend A Lesson list for quite sometime. It is mostly a simple, 3-chord progression but the interesting part is the distinctive picking done at the beginning, which is the main focus of the lesson. We also look at strumming the chords, and a bit on a lead pattern to improvise with.

This lesson is a level 5.

Enjoy!
Mike

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... u-see.html

thereshopeyet

Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:50 pm

Thanks

millponddave

Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:55 pm

Neil,

OK, now you've done it. I'm gonna have to quit my job, lock myself in my house and concentrate on these great lessons that keep showing up. Well not really but you keep posting songs that I just love. This one takes me back to 1973 when I had just moved to the Bay area and Can't You See was getting a lot of air play. It is definitely going on the ever growing list of lessons that I'm going to get to sooner or later.

Thanks for this one,

Dave

sbutler

Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:40 pm

Nope, not yet.

Must be those youtube phantams that keep screwing things up.

dsmarion

Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:04 pm

It is working for me. Actually I looked at the preview a couple hours ago and it worked then also. This time it did take longer than usual to bring it up but it did work. I only looked at the first clip (preview play through).

Scott

sbutler

Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:11 pm

Well the song title is a question, "Can't you see?"

Nope, I still can't

TGMike

Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:25 pm

Hi,

All fixed up. Sorry for the wait.

Thanks,
Mike

sbutler

Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:49 pm

Why yes, yes I can see now.

once again Mike, you did it.

Thanks

unclewalt

Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:53 am

OK, this is getting a little weird. A week or so ago, I was walking down the street in Oakland, and a car drove past with a too-loud stereo blasting. But it wasn't the usual rap - it was a guy listening to "Can't You See." Then, just this past Sunday, I was eating brunch in a restaurant in Berkeley, and "Heard it in A Love Song" came on. Incongruous! Now this. I mean, I'm not surprised the lesson is here, but three chance encounters with the Marshall Tucker Band in a matter of days -- in the Bay Area, in 2011 -- is pretty freaky.

unclewalt

Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:19 am

Huh. I knew Waylon Jennings had covered "Can't You See" a few years after the original - a fact I learned years later. But I had no idea until just now that Jennings actually made the song popular initially. He released it in '76, and MTB didn't release it as a single until '77 (though it appeared on their debut album in '73, which was when I first heard it, thanks to my older brothers). Here is Waylon on (I assume) "Johnny Cash and Friends."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic