>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Angel From Montgomery - John Prine

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGCheryle

Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:14 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

*Angel From Montgomery*is one of John Prine’s most famous songs, partly due to numerous covers, most notably one by Bonnie Raitt. Prine’s progressions are generally very basic and this is no exception. The lesson is presented in our ‘Work It Out’ format to improve ear training. This has a couple of interesting twists so don’t take a look at the chart until you’ve gone through a few segments of the lesson.

Enjoy this Level 4 lesson.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

leeson

Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:40 pm

May this be the beginning of a long string of John Prine tunes!!

willem

Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:16 pm

Neil,, where you singin in your chest,mix or head voice??? i love the RAITT sound..

lueders

Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:32 pm

Oh WOW! I am so happy! I love this song...love John Prine...love this genre!!!

( And I'll second that Leeson...I hope there is more Prine coming down the pike.)

Neil, I think your vocals sound better than J.P.'s...

EDIT: I just watched the whole lesson and, man I'm even more impressed. There is all kinds of good info in this lesson...the Bonnie Raitt stuff at the end...it's like two ear training lessons in one.

suziko

Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:26 pm

Happy to see this lesson, Neil! I, too, would love to see more John Prine songs. If no one minds a real wrist-slasher, how about Sam Stone?

Suzi

schm040

Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:49 pm

Someone has an illegal smile!!!

millponddave

Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:26 pm

You guy's must be mind readers. I have been working on this song since someone here mentioned it in a thread that I no longer remember. Anyway, I found the tab on the internet somewhere and now here it is on TG. I am more than thrilled. Way to go. I love John Prine.

Dave

TGNeil

Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:08 pm

suziko wrote:
Happy to see this lesson, Neil! I, too, would love to see more John Prine songs. If no one minds a real wrist-slasher, how about Sam Stone?

Suzi
Don't worry, of I get to more of his tunes, Sam will have to be in there. Right now, with these quick responses, I'd have to say good chance.

Thanks everybody,

Neil

ncsurfer

Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:21 pm

YAHOO! I'll throw my hat in the ring for more John Prine too, maybe Souvenirs? Fish and Whistle? Long Monday? He's been on my wishlist since I originally joined, patience has paid off!!! I guess 'That's the Way the World Goes 'Round'.

I'm missing the TG website tremendously. My computer bit the dust in the spring so my only time online has been on occasionally borrowed machines.......BUT..... more John Prine would surely inspire me to finally invest in a new computer with a bigger than 15" screen. . Forgive my prehistoric equipment, but I am moving into this century. I ended my holdout and just got my first cellphone last week, (change moves slooooowly in this house). I did, however, get a new standup paddleboard; a simple device, no batteries or buttons to push, just like my guitar. Now I can get my guitar to the island campfires without getting it wet!

I'm so excited!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic