>> Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - Sandy - Yesterday Lesson 1

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGCheryle

Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:04 pm

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

Sandy had been working on an instrumental arrangement of Yesterday for a week. She came into this lesson with the first part memorized exactly the way it was written but it was lacking a bit of musicality. We worked on a couple of techniques and things to think about and understand better to head off in a more musical direction.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... son-1.html

sbutler

Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:10 pm

It just so happens, that I started on this song months ago, and hit a road block for some reason. So I put it on the shelf and worked on something else. We'll I dug it out of the closet two weeks ago, and have found that I no longer hit those same road blocks as before.

So I sure hope that when part #2 shows up, I'll get to watch that part as well.

Scott

thereshopeyet

Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:42 pm

Thanks

dsmarion

Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:09 pm

Thanks for sharing that Neil and Sandy. I go through that same thing when first leaning the notes to a song from sheet music. It seems to start with no musicality at first and sometimes doesn't even make any sense for a little while. Then it finally pings in my brain and starts to make some musical sense. That is when I really get hooked into playing it incessantly and over time it gains strength and understanding and becomes fun. Nice to see others go through that same thing. It takes a little time but it does come eventually.

Scott

willem

Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:03 pm

Sandy i'm curious how you went on and make it your own arangement..thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic