>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Lead Secrets - Triads: Parts 6 - 10

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGCheryle

Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:36 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Here is the second part to Lead Secrets.

We continue this series on using triads to build leads with segments covering common chord progressions, putting the shapes together, combining major and minor progressions, and adding non-harmonic notes to make your leads more interesting.

Enjoy this Level 5 lesson.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... riads.html

willem

Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:53 pm

Thanks for completing this volume 1?? a lot to digest first but when i can learn this i'd be very happy,,,looking forward to volume ...?? the thicker one ..but digest first,,,

greetings Willem

gee i think when you want to play guitar you never out of learning,,,

lueders

Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:05 pm

Boy I am gonna have a fun time sitting and noodling with this over Thanksgiving & Christmas vacations! This is really, really great!

P. S. No big deal... but I'm not seeing the new attachments for 6-10 up at present. Just thought I'd throw that out.Anyways, very cool! Thanks again!

wrench

Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:07 pm

I always defined engineering as the development of the fundamentals of science into usable products. As you think about music, there are scientists, artists, and teachers. I can name several of each, and you can too. But how many musical engineers can you name?

I can name one. Neil Hogan.

TGNeil

Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:20 pm

lueders wrote:
P. S. No big deal... but I'm not seeing the new attachments for 6-10 up at present. Just thought I'd throw that out.Anyways, very cool! Thanks again!
All the attachments are in the one called Lead Secrets- Triads, I think about 10 pages, nothing held back...

Neil

lueders

Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:51 pm

AH-HA!! Thanks Neil!

unclewalt

Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:44 pm

This is great stuff. I have no idea how novel it is since I haven't been in the guitar-instruction world very much (except here, of course). But this is very well-suited to how I learn. I can play somewhat rudimentary leads (usually very bluesy) and I learned those just by osmosis, really. Many years ago, I learned basic riffs on the low strings (and played bass for a few years) and I just figured out how to play those same riffs on the high strings and took it from there. Eventually, I started working that together with bar chords, going back and forth between chord and lead, but never with any real cohesion, like this. When I'm going from one chord to the next, I tend to play the chord first rather than making use of passing notes. I'm not good at applying leads to odd chords (when it's just I, IV and V, I actually sound pretty good), and this will surely help me with that.

I've been trying to get my head around modes, but the idea of learning all those different patterns, and then remembering them when I'm playing is daunting to me. I'm assuming that working off, for example, the IV chord using the techniques here will put me into the Lydian mode, but I'll think about that as I'm learning this.

Question: I'm sure I'm just stupidly missing them, but I can't find the backing tracks discussed in the latter part of this lesson.

Thanks for this, I'm very excited to get rolling on it.

TGNeil

Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:03 pm

unclewalt wrote:
Question: I'm sure I'm just stupidly missing them, but I can't find the backing tracks discussed in the latter part of this lesson.

...Stay tuned, had to save something for Friday... shhhh!

thereshopeyet

Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:04 pm

Thanks

unclewalt

Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:14 pm

TGNeil wrote:
unclewalt wrote:

...Stay tuned, had to save something for Friday... shhhh!
Ah, gotcha. Thanks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic