>> Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - Long May You Run with Fred

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGCheryle

Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:07 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

As is our normal routine, Fred had recently heard Neil Young’s Long May You Run on the radio and thought it would be a fun song to play. As most of it is a basic strumming song, I decided to make it a bit of an ear-training lesson and we worked our way through it.

Enjoy......

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... -fred.html

sbutler

Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:45 pm

By Golly, Neil is going to teach us music despite ourselves.

In my opinion, these are the best lessons there are. Poor Fred gets challenged, we get the knowledge. How cool is that!

Thanks Fred.

Scott

TGNeil

Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:05 pm

Scott,

I am really glad to hear that. I agree that one of the best ways to learn is sit in and eavesdrop on somebody's lesson. Now that everybody can watch these repeatedly the learning curve is greatly reduced.

Neil

thereshopeyet

Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:10 pm

Thanks

willem

Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:21 am

Thanks Fred,,question,,,how long do you work on the eartraining stuff?,,,i like thesE FLOTW'S its all most sitting next to you and wanted to wishper in your ear ''its a Dmaj7''..

You never know were you end up when you take a private lesson by Neil i geuss but learning it is..

still looking forward to an QUEEN song...

Willem

sbutler

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:47 pm

TGNeil wrote:
Scott,

I am really glad to hear that. I agree that one of the best ways to learn is sit in and eavesdrop on somebody's lesson. Now that everybody can watch these repeatedly the learning curve is greatly reduced.

Neil
So True Neil, and your ability to interact with a student allows you to do things that you simply can't do on a regular Target lesson. Not that we can't and don't learn things with those lessons, the are the best. This is really good stuff.

Fred

Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:42 pm

Wliiem, Scott. Hope:

Glad to know that the FOTW's are well received - they are a great deal of fun and it helps me go back and revisit my lessons (workng during the day dulls my memory!!!)

Willem -

yeah, I felf like a dolt on the Dmaj7 - especially since I've also been working on "Ventura Highway"....It was like I could see "Dmaj7" in my head, but could not say it..

You'll be glad to know I did mention to Neil (and have been introducing to my practicing) "crazy little thing called love" so who knows, maybe in the not too distant future.....

Happy Thanksgiving all....

Until we "meet" again,
Fred

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic