Oh Well part II

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
sbutler

Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:50 pm

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... d-mac#song

Well I just went back to refresh my memory on Oh Well. What a fun song to practice (I can't play it yet). But during the preview, Neil, you did mention that this was just part I and that part II was coming.

Well its been almost two years now, do we need to get part II back on the radar screen????

This is really fun.

Scott

TGNeil

Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:01 pm

Oh Well Part 2 is really an entirely different song, as I'm sure you know. It was a classical-style guitar piece with a bit of orchestration that Peter Green put together with some studio effects. There does not seem to be any live version of it ever done by Green or the band. The piece has a bit of a Spanish feel to it and there is a chance I will get to it someday... a slim chance but you never know.

Neil

pigpenz

Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:29 am

Peter Green was a legend......most people forget that it used to be called
Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac

sbutler

Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:45 pm

TGNeil wrote:
Oh Well Part 2 is really an entirely different song, as I'm sure you know. It was a classical-style guitar piece with a bit of orchestration that Peter Green put together with some studio effects. There does not seem to be any live version of it ever done by Green or the band. The piece has a bit of a Spanish feel to it and there is a chance I will get to it someday... a slim chance but you never know.

Neil
Neil, when I look at all the lessons you have put up in the time that I've been a member, it really boggles the mind. Its not like we don't have enough to work on, but I do, from time to time work on Romanza, and the classical things that have been intergrated into classic rock are usually pretty neat.

Scott

Chasplaya

Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:23 pm

pigpenz wrote:
Peter Green was a legend......most people forget that it used to be called
Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac
Peter Green IS a legend still.

Amazingly Eric Clapton cites him as an influence; yet Green cites Clapton as an influence as after all he stood in then followed in Clapton's footsteps in John Mayalls Bluesbreakers.

I still have a vinyl Peter Green and Fleetwood Mac and will never forget the early days of FM. Not commonly known but Green backed Lindsay Buckingham on Tusk, no credits show on album though...

dtaylor

Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:06 pm

Was that just the track 'Tusk'?
I still rate Green as top of the tree, his playing on 'Drifting' still gives me chills, and the track Fleetwood Mac will get rediscoved and used in a film or advert one day, it still sounds so fresh and vibrant.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic