>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Hello Hello - Caravan

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGCheryle

Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:04 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Hello Hello is a quirky song from a quirky band, Caravan. The guitarist and main songwriter is Pye Hastings and the song is from their 1970 album If I Could Do It Again I’d Do It All Over You. A common element among their songs is the use of unusual time signatures and Hello Hello uses a few different ones. The first part of the lesson gets you to figure some of this out. It continues with tips on singing in odd times, and then includes slowed down Play Along and Sing Along segments.

Enjoy this Level 7 lesson.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

sbutler

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:04 pm

Neil, no worries about the "Oh Well" part 2. If I were any manor of guitar player, I should be able to figure it out on my own. Although, I do love to hear you touch the edge of it.

Glad your enjoying the sunshine. Send a little my way would ya?

and ps, I haven't even started getting tired of Fred and Kevin, so as long as their willing, so am I.

Scott

BigBear

Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:23 am

Neil- I haven't heard that song in a hundred years. It does bring back some good memories that I won't elaborate on here! ;)

Thanks for throwing a bone to us old prog rockers!! Always much appreciated.

Great song! :cheer:

skaladar

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:46 am

Wow, how ironic is this? Just earlier this week I was reading a wiki article about Progressive Rock and Caravan, who I haven’t thought about in probably 35 years, was mentioned.
The article led to a “List of musical works in unusual time signatures” in which Caravan was listed twice for:

"Where but for Caravan Would I Be" (1969), by Caravan in 11/4
"Warlock" from Can't Be Long Now suite (1970), by Caravan in 15/8

Neil, I gotta love your diversity in music genre. As a big prog rock fan I am very happy you’ve included this lesson for a “quirky” song by a “quirky” band. Thanks so much.

♫ Ken ♫

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic