>> Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - Castles In The Air with Fred

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGCheryle

Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:37 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

Fred has always wanted to work on Don McLean's tune Castles In The Air but we haven't gone far enough into fingerpicking to make it a good project yet. He started working out more of a 'Campfire' version, using standard strumming patterns. In this lesson we go over the chord progression and a good way of playing it in standard tuning (rather than the Dropped D, like the original.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... /6176.html

willem

Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:30 pm

Nice one too Fred,,,i imagine it goes great with the BW tune,,I lay it a side too for a while 'cos at to finish two Xmas songs but thats done and started now on ''in my life'' for a friends night in January

of course i practice the BW tune also and play along with ACousticAl upload,,hope you seen it 'cos its great.. and Michele playing the bass and Buddy soloing.

And I have to nail a Queen song also for in January 2012 its for the friends night also,,,

This Thing,called love,,I can't handle it this thing ....etc..great tune and i use two power chords on the lyrics ''crazy litlle thing called love''

cheeeeeeeerse man.

Fred

Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:02 pm

Willem:

Like you, I have many (maybe too many) irons in the fire, but there are so many songs that come into my mind or I'll hear a song and spend time trying to figure it out - so many songs, so little time!

I've been working on Aint no sunshine (BW) and few others as well (castles included). Good luck to you on In my life (post maybe?).

And yes, a little Queen as well...perhaps a FOTW for Feb/March 2012 - great tune!

Cheers to you!

Fred

thereshopeyet

Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:38 am

Thanks

Fred

Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:39 pm

thanks Hope!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic