>> Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - Mad World with Larry

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGCheryle

Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:10 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

Larry is still a little new to fingerpicking but has been with me for many years. He is also our guy who shoots the videos with Jack van Breen at Guitar Showcase. Mad World got into his head, he found a popular tab for it by Ulli Bogershausen and brought it in to his lesson. We went over some fingering and performance thoughts. I know this song is popular with our TG members and figured it would make an interesting Fly On The Wall.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... larry.html

willem

Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:21 pm

It would be nice that this instrumental turns in a breakdown lesson so we can follow Larry.

One tip I know for a long time is when you practice a view measers finger/pickin never stop on the last beat of a measer but always on a first beat of an next measer...I feel that with strumming also..

W.

sbutler

Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:07 pm

I'm with Willem. I would love to be able to have the tab and follow along. Larry isn't the only one with this song in his head now thanks to this lesson

Scott

dtaylor

Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:57 pm

Scott,
the tabs are knocking about, you could track them down, you'll be able to have it down in no time by listening along to the versions posted here.
It would be a popular lesson though, I reckon we've got enough I,IV,V folk strumming lessons for now...

willem

Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:13 am

dtaylor wrote:
Scott,
the tabs are knocking about, you could track them down, you'll be able to have it down in no time by listening along to the versions posted here.
It would be a popular lesson though, I reckon we've got enough I,IV,V folk strumming lessons for now...

you are right,,but don't we love Neils vision on songs,,, MAD songs...

sbutler

Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:42 pm

willem wrote:
dtaylor wrote:
Scott,

you are right,,but don't we love Neils vision on songs,,, MAD songs...
i DO, I DO.

Ok, I found the tabs on line. Really not a hard song, but the pointers that Neil is giving to Larry about finger placement and such, are really hard to follow without him being more specific. This song is very haunting, and my gut tells me that there will be a Larry part 2, and a well time lesson to go along with it.. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it. unless of course I change, then that will be my new story.
Scott

dtaylor

Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:27 pm

If recent form is anything to go by, I think you're right Scott.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic