>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - I Wonder As I Wander - Holiday Instrumentals

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGCheryle

Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:41 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

I Wonder As I Wander is based in American folk tradition and was first collected by John Jacob Niles in 1933. The melancholy melody makes a great base for a solo guitar arrangement, and lends itself well to improvising as well. This arrangement is similar to the way I played it on my album /A Christmas Collection./ It is in 3/4 time and includes 2 verses with different feels. It includes some advanced right-hand techniques as well as thoughts on playing it with feeling.

Enjoy this Level 7 lesson.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

wrench

Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:40 pm

What a lesson. Besides being a beautiful tune, the information density in the lesson is very high.

cosmicmechanic

Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:56 pm

If you think you've seen Neil play the most "mellow" or "reflective" tunes, think again ... seems to me that this is even more so, and ... IT IS A LESSON !

Let me suggest you watch the very last section, called "Moving On", even before the first sections ... lots of motivation there for getting involved in this.

Come to think of it, "mellow" or "reflective" isn't strong enough ... "ethereal" maybe ? (Scrabble meets TG)

abiliog

Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:38 am

Thank you Neil,
This is a high quality lesson. Not a rare thing here at TG but sometimes I just need to write the feeling.
So much knowledge to assimilate,
Love it,
Abilio

willem

Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:52 am

cosmicmechanic wrote:
If you think you've seen Neil play the most "mellow" or "reflective" tunes, think again ... seems to me that this is even more so, and ... IT IS A LESSON !

Let me suggest you watch the very last section, called "Moving On", even before the first sections ... lots of motivation there for getting involved in this.

Come to think of it, "mellow" or "reflective" isn't strong enough ... "ethereal" maybe ? (Scrabble meets TG)

Thanks Pierre,I did'nt had the time watching it when it came out,,reading your post I taked the tip and glad I did....It was moving,,dreaming,,mellow,,ETHEREAL..

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic