>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Baby Blue - Badfinger

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGCheryle

Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:37 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Baby Blue was a hit for Badfinger in 1972, having been released on their 1971 album Straight Up. Pete Ham wrote it about a girlfriend of his who had accompanied them on their recent US tour. The song features a simple, slightly distorted guitar riff followed by a short scale run that introduces many of the measures. This lesson goes over the chords and fills, and includes transitions from strumming to scales or arpeggios that are a bit tricky.

Enjoy this Level 6 lesson.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

Music Junkie

Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:11 pm

Way freaking cool.... :) This is a wonderful blast from the past. I have forgotten the gems that Badfinger had. Thank you guys for another treat.

MJ

dekotaj

Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:04 am

Yes Sir,

Badfinger,Great band.Always enjoyed there tunes.But most of all,Thanks Neil for sing it.That should make a big difference when putting it together.

Kevin

dennisg

Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:20 pm

I've been a Badfinger fan for 40 years, and I'm grateful that you've put up lessons for these terrific songs. But I have to say that it's hard to watch them in these videos, knowing what's about to happen in their lives.

Music Junkie

Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:41 pm

dennisg wrote:
I've been a Badfinger fan for 40 years, and I'm grateful that you've put up lessons for these terrific songs. But I have to say that it's hard to watch them in these videos, knowing what's about to happen in their lives.
Dennis:

Care to elaborate a little??? I knew that a couple of them committed suicide due to the lawsuits and fighting, and that a couple others died, but what else is going on???

MJ

willem

Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:53 pm

I hope it is all digestible with the sixteen notes I mean but try to soften them..I like the skill in this song..

Willem

dennisg

Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:23 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
dennisg wrote:
Dennis:

Care to elaborate a little??? I knew that a couple of them committed suicide due to the lawsuits and fighting, and that a couple others died, but what else is going on???

MJ
I was referring to the suicides. It's impossible for me to watch these guys without thinking of that.

Music Junkie

Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:42 pm

dennisg wrote:
Music Junkie wrote:
dennisg wrote:
Dennis:

MJ
I was referring to the suicides. It's impossible for me to watch these guys without thinking of that.
Sorry..... :unsure:

Totally missed the boat on that one. I thought you meant what was about to happen now, not about to happen after they did the songs..... Duh..... :silly:

Thanks for clearing that up... B)

Chasplaya

Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:59 pm

Sad about the demise of the band. Nevertheless a great song and good one to learn. Tip for those who think Neils G Pro tab seems a bit fast; change the tempo coefficient to 0.75 bottom right on the G Pro chart, you will then get approx right speed.

tombo1230

Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:01 pm

For anyone interested:

There will be a new Badfinger Greatest Hits release sometime this spring (2012) titled "Timeless - The Musical Legacy Of Badfinger". It will be released in both CD and vinyl formats. The vinyl will be a double album package with additional tracks that will not appear on the CD release. The CD is planned to have 16 tracks. There will be some Warner Brothers tracks and an Elektra Records track. The titles were decided and confirmed by EMI and Apple staff.

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic