>> Newest Target members only lesson - Without You & Transposing with Fred

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGCheryle

Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:11 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

In this lesson Fred and I had been working on playing Without You by Badfinger, in a couple of different keys. We talked about chords in the keys of E and D, as well as chords outside the key that are used in the song. This carried over into a discussion about dominant chords and secondary dominants.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... -fred.html

willem

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:12 am

Hi Fred,, that cleans some dust but my head is spinning...In which key you will do this song??? Oh and I hope you and Neil goes also on the melody/vocals some time,,when i saw it right they are'nt in the chord...not sure a baut that but hope you discus it..

Fred

Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:07 pm

Hi Willem-

We had the capo at the second fret and played in E. Since the Nillson version is the one implanted in my head, I've been working some on re-programming myself for the Badfinger style. As I recall Badfinger has a chord in certain places where that Nillson chose not to have. Great tune, I'll have to start getting into my practice routine.

Fred

frybaby

Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:33 pm

Ditto on the Nilsson verson:

I fell in love with the song first time I heard it. It was on the Nilsson Schmilsson album.

Up until this forum I never knew Badfinger had to do anything with the song.

I listened to it here for the first time by Bad finger. IMYO Nilssons version is much better; I think it won him a Grammy in fact.

It’s been a favorite of mine since I first hear it, but never learned it, I tried a year or two back but could not find a tab wht chords I could…. or would master.

So I forgot about it.

When I saw the Badfinger lesson here, I just thought it was a different song with a similar title. But the title got my interest aroused in the song again so I started out to find a tab I could play.

My tab search this time helps me to realize it was actually a Badfinger song, so I checked out Badfinger video posted here.

Like I said Nilssons verson is much better to me, like you Fred I have Nilssons version burned in my brain.

I found a Nilsson tab for the song, but one of the chords I could play and sounded pretty good, except for one chord which just sounds wrong as I remember the song. I am looking for a fix (See my other post on the subject)

Frybaby

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic