>> Newest Target members only lesson - Me And You And A Dog (Intro) with Fred

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGCheryle

Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:46 am

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

The lesson on Me And You And A Dog Named Boo started with a short look at the vocals, a segment already published. We then spent a very, very long time breaking down the first measure of the intro, mostly concentrating on rhythmic analysis, but then dialing in the technical specifics. A heads up- a significant portion of this 45-minute clip was spent on one measure, although we did get into the complete chord progression and listened to the song as well.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... -fred.html

willem

Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:15 am

Hey Fred,,great tune and I added to my learning list,,i did'nt get the intro very well in the FOTW,,but an music sheet told me the ringin changes is happen in one measer hope its right,,

IT TOLD ME: DUD(g-on an up)fake(d-on an up)(e on down and hammeron),,,make that sence ??

Willem

EDIT: or is the E count 4 (and a quarter note) of the first measer and the hameron back to F# is count one of the second measer,,lets say the hammeron is at the same time as the down strum,,so you strum and replace the finger in that movement on the F#

Fred

Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:33 pm

Hey Willem ....

I just watched your video - again, good stuff and thanks for note at the end of your video!

With some work and guidance from Neil, when I play the intro, I'm doing this:

Stay on D thru "1, D" "and, U" "2, D"
On the "and, U" of 2, I add the G (with pinky) and let it ring - I was letting it off too soon,
I miss the Down on 3; on the "and, U" I'm hitting the D chord w/o the G;
On 4, I have the open E string and miss the up on the "and" of 4

Hope this answers your questions (and that my memory is working correctly from the last time I played it!!!).

Fred

willem

Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:03 am

Fred wrote:
Hey Willem ....

I just watched your video - again, good stuff and thanks for note at the end of your video!

With some work and guidance from Neil, when I play the intro, I'm doing this:

Stay on D thru "1, D" "and, U" "2, D"
On the "and, U" of 2, I add the G (with pinky) and let it ring - I was letting it off too soon,
I miss the Down on 3; on the "and, U" I'm hitting the D chord w/o the G;
On 4, I have the open E string and miss the up on the "and" of 4

Hope this answers your questions (and that my memory is working correctly from the last time I played it!!!).

Fred
Thx Fred,,so the last strum of the measer is also a quarter note,,I must try that 'cos I did'nt miss the last up I believe.

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic