>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
AcousticAl

Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:06 pm

...like a dirty shirt!!!!

tovo

Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:15 pm

You all know this one???

I must have lived under a rock, absolutely néver ever heard of the song! :laugh: :dry: :S :blink: :P

willem

Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:40 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
You all know this one???

I must have lived under a rock, absolutely néver ever heard of the song! :laugh: :dry: :S :blink: :P

Me too,, :laugh: B) it looks very populair out there,, has bigbear respond??? :unsure: :huh: :dry: :woohoo:

But it sounded great and everybody put it on top of there practice...

dennisg

Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:54 pm

I saw Peter in concert about 15 years ago in Tacoma, Washington, and I came away feeling like it was one of the top 3 concerts ever. He's absolutely brilliant, as this clip of him and his band doing Solsbury Hill demonstrates.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:18 pm

I saw him in Zürich about 22 years ago and came away with a similar impression to Dennis.

Nesh: Its official, you live under a rock! :-))))

skaladar

Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:50 pm

"Son" he said. "Grab your things; I've come to take you home.”

Way to go Neil! I am a huge Peter Gabriel fan. One of the best front men and performers in the business if you ask me.
I wouldn’t have thought Solsbury Hill would make a good guitar lesson but you’ve really made this shine Neil. I love it! I just wish I was better at finger picking.
Thanks for making this a lesson.

Nice video too. I haven’t seen this. It’s an added treat to see Tony Levin playing a chapman stick.

Err, Ness, you have never heard this? Hmm, I guess that means it’ll take you a day … and a half, to learn it, eh? :-)

♫ Ken ♫

Lavallee

Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:23 pm

Well, this is THE song I was hoping to see. When the forum came up in the early days of TG I made the request for this song. Now that it is here and in such a wonderful composition from Neil, this is priority one.

Really happy Neil, thank you

Marc

suziko

Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:42 pm

Aargh, I just wish the song wasn't so hard to play! Those hinge barres!! This is clearly going to require far more patience than I'm accustomed to demonstrating. Learning Kathy's Song in a day clearly gave me a very false sense of confidence! :)

Suzi

michelew

Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:48 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
You all know this one???

OMG!!! I know a song that Nessa doesn't. Yeh!! :)

A 7 eh?, hmmmmm...

michelew

Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:59 pm

A little feedback for the TG tech wizards, I just watched Neil's lesson video (the clip at the top of this thread) and I didn't have a single issue with playing it which I usually do on my iPad. Perhaps I haven't looked at a lesson this way for a while, but regardless, I'd just like to say a big THANKS to you all. I love your work. You should get more applause and thanks for keeping this place ticking and running at the pace it does so smoothly.

THANKS!

Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic