>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Colour My World - Chicago

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGCheryle

Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:52 am

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Colour My World is a piano song that uses simple arpeggios, simple on the piano that is. It is from the second album by Chicago and was written by trombonist James Pankow, as part of the suite Ballet For A Girl In Buchannon, which also included their hit Make Me Smile. This lesson presents the song in a few different arrangements. The first transcribes the piano part into a nearly impossible-to-play guitar piece. The second lowers the bass notes one octave, making it much easier. And the third adds the original bass part to the piano part creating a really nice, stand alone piece. There are some complex fingerings and changes that will really help add some new ideas about finger movement.

Enjoy this Level 7 lesson.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

jim56

Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:42 pm

Awesome, Neil! I have been practicing this one off and on after seeing your
sample YouTube video for this song. Now I'll have the correct fingerings for the arpeggios.
Thank you,

Jim

unclewalt

Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:08 pm

Looks great. Reminds me a bit of the lesson on "I Want You (She's So Heavy)," with the moving bass and arpeggios - but of course trickier.

thereshopeyet

Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:56 pm

Thanks

AcousticAl

Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:30 pm

Loved this song forever.

Wouldn't have thought it would be a level 7 from the simple arpeggio. But I see from the preview that it will be a tough one for sure... when I get to it!!

Too many on the go right now, so need to revisit this excellent song down the road.

willem

Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:08 am

I love the flute in the original,,I really love flute's, maybe I try it some time...or just wisthle...

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic