>> Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - The Weary Kind (Lesson 1) with Kevin

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGCheryle

Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:29 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

Kevin had been working on some songs from the movie Crazy Heart, starring Jeff Bridges. This week he came in asking about The Weary Kind, which was performed in the movie by Ryan Bingham. He had a rough idea about the chord progression but not much on the unorthodox fingerpicking accompaniment. We listened to the song and started working it out.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... kevin.html

sbutler

Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:23 pm

THE VIDEO FROZE UP AT THE 11 MINUTE MARK.

SCOTT

suziko

Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:57 pm

What a fun FotW! This is a song I've loved since the moment I heard it and I have always been curious about the picking pattern. I've goofed around playing it with a simple Travis picking style, but (obviously) it never sounded quite like what he is doing in the original. Thanks for going over the "unorthodox" picking pattern!

Suzi

dsmarion

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:30 pm

Hello

Hey, good to hear this song being dissected and played. It was one I asked for a while back. Won an Oscar, you know!

Neil amazed me at how quickly he picked this up.

My video did not freeze.

Will there be a tab for this song? I have the original and one from Google and some help from another guy. Will be interesting to compare tabs.

Sam

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic