>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - One Way Sunday - The Mark-Almond Band

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMike

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:41 pm

Hi Everyone,

Here is the latest lesson...

One Way Sunday is by Jon Mark and appeared on the second album by The Mark-Almond Band. It features a combination of accompaniment techniques, including arpeggio picking, percussive comping, and finger strumming, as well as a chord progression that creates a few different moods. There is also a short improvised solo with some tips on creating your own.

Today's lesson is a level 6 intermediate lesson.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

Lavallee

Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:49 am

I am not familiar with this artist but I really got a kick of the last section a little history. A very interesting coverage of the artistic li including the cross references (like the John Mayall's Room to move which was one of my all time mood booster) .

Neil often talks about the covered artist in the preview but it seems too short for me. I would really like to have that little history section to be in the new lessons, given that Neil is a real encyclopedia of music and a good story teller.

I assume however that these coverages would be more about artists that Neil really likes, but whatever would be offered, I would take.

Marc

ramazzoli

Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:15 pm

i posted yesterday as well on the lesson itself...thanks for including Mark-Almond, another classic early 70s group that i think you really had to be into FM to know about. always liked the jazzy sound of The City, tho (by my recollection--it's been over 40yrs) the sparse arrangements of their albums made them somewhat moody...perfect early 70s stuff.

thanks for digging deep into the amnesia well, neil

i agree about the history part. i thought i knew something about the group...turns out i knew not much at all.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic