Weekly Wrap up _ Problem With Links

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
shimna

Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:16 am

Hi Neil,

Just thought I would tell you that over the past few weeks the links to your Weekly Wrap-up that are included in your weekly email have not worked. Luckily I have been able to keep up to date by checking out Youtube where you have uploaded them. I wonder if anyone esle is having the same problem.

TGMike

Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:41 am

H Shimna,

Welcome to the forums :)

I am not sure why you are having an issue. I just checked the last few and they still worked. When the newsletter is created it is actually the first thing I check and test before sending it.

Please do not use the forum for technical issues. A lot of times a technical issue is unique to the individual member and not everyone. Put in a support ticket and we will be happy to figure out with you what is going on when you try to use the newsletter link.

Thanks,
Mike

tombo1230

Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:22 pm

shimna wrote:
Hi Neil,

Just thought I would tell you that over the past few weeks the links to your Weekly Wrap-up that are included in your weekly email have not worked. Luckily I have been able to keep up to date by checking out Youtube where you have uploaded them. I wonder if anyone esle is having the same problem.
I checked the latest Weekly Wrap links and they all worked for me.

Tom N.

shimna

Sat May 05, 2012 2:55 pm

Hi Tom and Mike,

Problem now resolved.

gavind1

Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:54 am

Hi. Can you please share on how you were able to fix this? Would be helpful for future issues like this.

shimna

Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:14 am

Hi gavind1,

The solution was that through a process of elimination I discovered that an application was blocking me from accessing the webiste. I use Firefox as my browser and had recently downloaded an application called Ghostery which is designed to prevent websites tracking your web browsing habits. I temporarily disabed this and clicked on the Weekly Wrap-up links and lo and behold was able to access the sites as normal. This proved that it was the cause of the problem. So to prevent further blockages I simply added the TotallyGuitar link to the application's "white list" to prevent it blocking future access to the website.

My advice Is if you are having a similar problem, do as I did and check if your firewall, anti-virus software or an application is responsible. The best way to tackle this is to work backwards i.e. try the most recent additions to your system first until you identify which is causing the problem.

You may find as I did that what was assumed to be an innoucuous application could be the cause of your problem.

Beat of luck.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic