>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Beginnings - Chicago

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGCheryle

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:48 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Beginnings is one of a handful of tunes by Chicago that features an acoustic guitar being strummed. It was written by keyboardist Robert Lamm and released in 1969 on their debut album, Chicago Transit Authority. The song uses one main chord shape, AMaj7 that moves through various barre positions on the neck. The main focus of the lesson is to work on different sixteenth-note strumming groups and patterns.

Enjoy this level 5 lesson.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

sbutler

Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:38 pm

Neil, I think I may share your fondness of Chicago. Sadly though, the first and only girl to ever stand me up on a date, was Vicky Smith. :angry: We were supposed to go see Chicago live in Kansas City.

I had to take my Sister :S

But I still got to see a hell of a show. My sister even liked it.

Scott

thereshopeyet

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:01 pm

Thanks

jaslu81

Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:46 pm

Great song, great lesson! My girlfriend (now wife of 32 years) and I saw Chicago at Reading Municipal Stadium in 1978 (I think). Great show, I can remember a plane flying overhead when they were playing "Wishing You Were Here" which shouldn't be one of their loudest songs but and we could not hear the plane at all. We love all the old Chicago songs but it's tough to know which ones translate well to solo acoustic guitar (Saturday in the Park, 25 Or 6 To 4, Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is? as examples)... keep 'em coming if they work!

Thanks!

Jim :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic