>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Sunshine Superman - Donovan

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:23 am

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Sunshine Superman is one of the songs that took Donovan out of the folk world and helped create the developing sound of psychedelic rock. The use of exotic instruments like the sitar, combined with distorted lead guitar, courtesy of a young Jimmy Page, and the addition of abstract and trippy lyrics took the world by storm in 1966. Even The Beatles headed down the colorful path. This lesson starts with a blind play through for our ear-training students, and continues with muting techniques, and adding fills and solos to the simple chord progression.

Enjoy this level 5 lesson.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

sbutler

Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:29 pm

Well now we are getting somewhere. A blast from the past, and ear training to boot.

By the way, thats me in the middle of the pic, back in oh the time this song was coming out. Judging from the chords, we weren't working on this song, but it was a start. To bad I let it go for 40 years before I picked it up again.

Scott Image

schm040

Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:32 pm

Neil,
I love this lesson. Thank you for putting together such a comprehensive lesson for this Donovan classic.

Matt

jaslu81

Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:52 pm

Neil,

This is a FUN song... love the muted bass, cool strumming and the opportunity to work on short leads. This is WAY better than the solo version that Donovan uses... now only if I could sing like him!

Thanks!!

Jim :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic