>>Updated Target and Pay Per Lesson addition - Wish You Were Here Chord Solo Parts - Pink Floyd

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:59 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Wish You Were Here is a lesson we have had here at TG since the dawn of the Target Program. We have now added a heavily requested new set of six segments to the lesson- a breakdown of the Chord Solo that Neil played in the first segment. This includes a detailed explanation of concepts involved, tab to the intro and first verse, tips on creating your own arrangements of the other verses, and even some ideas about an improvised solo.

This is a level or two more difficult than the original lesson. Enjoy.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

unclewalt

Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:52 pm

Excellent! I'd been hoping for "Madman Across the Water" (and still am), but had totally forgotten about this one.

AcousticAl

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:02 pm

Looking forward to working on this.

Is there a new .pdf tab sheet for the chord solo that isn't up there yet?

TGNeil

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:26 pm

COMING UP!

DONE.

AcousticAl

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:32 pm

TGNeil wrote:

COMING UP!

DONE.
Thank you Sensei!!

sbutler

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:37 pm

thanks neil. I know that you'd prefer that we learn to do this ourselves, but this really isn't wasted time. I wish there was more time for you to do this with a lot of songs.

But this is a really fun one to have now.

great job
Scott

dtaylor

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:41 pm

This is one of the main reasons I joined up, one of my favourite all-time guitar arrangements. Convinced me this was the place to be :) How right I was!

unclewalt

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:46 pm

sbutler wrote:
thanks neil. I know that you'd prefer that we learn to do this ourselves, but this really isn't wasted time. I wish there was more time for you to do this with a lot of songs.

But this is a really fun one to have now.

great job
Scott
I've really only been working on stuff like this since I joined this site. And I haven't done all that much. So far, though, it seems like it's best to figure out as much as you can on your own, then use tab (or vids) to fill in the spots we're you're having trouble. I had great success doing this with a song that's not actually on this site: "Space Oddity." I pulled the tab from Ultimate Guitar or someplace, but I figured most of it out on my own (it's really pretty easy, as stuff like this goes). There was one spot - where it goes from F to Fm, I think -- that I needed help with. Otherwise, it was nearly all me. In fact, there were errors in the tab that I discovered later, after having worked it out myself.

In the case of this song - it's one I've been playing since I was in high school, though wrongly until the original lesson here. I've messed around a bit, trying a chord solo. There's a bunch I can do on my own, but with this in hand, I should be able to do the rest now.

suziko

Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:29 pm

What a funny bit of synchronicity. I was just relooking at this lesson yesterday, thinking about finally learning the intro. The chord solo looks great and will be really fun to tackle. Thanks, Neil!

Suzi

jaslu81

Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:22 pm

Excellent lesson! Now if only I could sing along with the lead like David Gilmore...

Thanks!

Jim :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic