>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Something In The Way She Moves - James Taylor

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:25 am

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Something In The Way She Moves is one of James Taylor’s earliest, and most popular songs. It first appeared on his debut album (on Apple Records) in 1968. It is a great example of his free-form picking style that incorporates arpeggios, Travis patterns, and strumming into a seamless blend of sounds. This lesson explains and demonstrates the techniques in split-screen, slo-mo detail, and encourages you to add them to your toolbox, making them your own.

Enjoy this level 7 lesson.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

willem

Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Pickin and grinning,,,wonderful,,thx

W.

ps,, Neil you did just fine... :cheer: B)

AcousticAl

Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:50 pm

Number one with a bullet!!

So all over this, Neil.

Gteat 3 year birthday present to all us TARGET members. :)

jaslu81

Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:09 am

This is awesome! From the free preview, it sounds like there's more James Taylor in the pipeline. Outstanding!

Thanks!!

JIm :)

schm040

Wed May 02, 2012 3:01 am

I am with the rest of you guys, this is an incredible gift.

Back in my "pre-Target" days, I tried to learn this from the JT "White Book" many years back. That's the one with the tab for the songs written NOT relative to the capo position.

I must say that made it confusing as hell.

It is really funny because after about 15 minutes into Neil's lesson in conjunction with the past 3 years of Target practice I was able to play this song 10 times better than after weeks of trying it before.

I have particularly recently been really trying hard to avoid looking at the tab right away and just focusing on the chart and the progression.

It is kind of like eating your vegetables first, then the ice cream if you know what I mean.

Now I just need to be patient and get that JT feel going on my own.

Thank you Neil.

Matt

coclimber

Fri May 04, 2012 12:28 am

Just went through all of the videos in this lesson. I love JT, and this lesson is, well, excellent. Such a complicated song with all of JTs little frills and hammer-pulls ... but each of your break downs is crystal clear and makes what seems a lofty goal accessible. And, wow ... you're not just a good teacher, you really are a great player! Thank you for all the great, and fresh, content on this site ... it really makes it a great value.

-- coclimber, aka Captain Obvious

jayswett

Sat May 05, 2012 6:10 pm

After 3 years, I finally forced myself to learn to play the A chord the way Neil has directed on many different occasions. This was a good song for that, for those of you who are as stubborn as I am.

haoli25

Sat May 05, 2012 11:47 pm

Another great lesson, Neil. Thank you.

I ran across the "Apple version" of 'Something In The Way She Moves'........

sbutler

Sun May 06, 2012 10:56 pm

Man I can't quit practicing this song. I think this may be one of the most highly anticipated songs (in my mind) that we have here on the list.

Just as the large nostrils, dished face, and pointed ears are the instantly recognizable hallmark of an Arabian horse, the hammer-ons, and pull-offs and the slides in this song, are instantly recognizable, JAMES TAYLOR. Just practicing these techniques by themselves sounds great too me.

Neil, the detail with which you taught this one, is par for you. But I never would have been able to get this one on my own.

I'm sure glad this wasn't an ear trainer. I'd be the guy sitting here with the dumb look in a trance.

Thanks Neil. This feels like a 3 year anniversary gift, and I love it.

Scott

AcousticAl

Fri May 11, 2012 9:01 pm

I am officially consumed.

Obsessed?

Just loving the tune, and being able to play it PROPERLY :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic