>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Going To California - Led Zeppelin

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Wed May 30, 2012 10:43 am

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Going To California is an acoustic classic from Jimmy Page and Robert Plant, with an assist by John Paul Jones that appeared on Led Zeppelin’s fourth album. The original recording featured many overdubs and this lesson combines the important parts into a solo guitar accompaniment. It is done in Double Dropped D Tuning and includes some thoughts on improvising around the chord progression and making it your own.

Enjoy this level 5 lesson.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

Music Junkie

Wed May 30, 2012 11:04 am

Thank you guys so much for this one. I have always wanted to learn this song. What a great addition to the ever growing lesson catalogue..... B) :) B)

suziko

Wed May 30, 2012 11:48 am

I can't express how excited I am about this lesson!!!! I can't wait to try it out!! Thank you, Neil!!!

Suzi

beaker

Wed May 30, 2012 12:43 pm

Thanks Neil, This will be very fun to learn! I am looking forward to it Big Time! Beaker.

abiliog

Wed May 30, 2012 1:50 pm

Now I can go to California as well :laugh:
Thanks Neil for another must learn lesson,
Abilio

dtaylor

Wed May 30, 2012 2:14 pm

Straight to the top of my favourites list, learning this tonight, thanks Neil.

familyman4

Wed May 30, 2012 5:35 pm

I just became a member of the Target Program after seeing you teaching this song! One of my favorites... (I've been exploring around the site for a few weeks already) Thanks and I look forward to a lot of fun with all of you crazy guitar players!!!

Bart

jaslu81

Wed May 30, 2012 7:49 pm

Neil,

You've been covering some great songs recently! You did a terrific job combining the guitar and mandolin parts and the "Make It Your Own" and "Something Like This" (i.e., Neil's Solo Jam) are very, very, very helpful for learning to jam within the framework of a song like this. I've mostly been a parrot... you show me something and I can generally play it. I must admit that you are forcing me to learn more about music and the instrument and that's a good thing.

As a friendly reminder, "Rain Song" also has a senior position on the requested song list if you're still in a Led Zeppelin mood.

Thanks! :)

Jim

TGNeil

Wed May 30, 2012 10:24 pm

Glad to see the positive responses to this song. As many of you know I am having a lot of fun lately doing some of my personal favorites. I know Rain Song is high on the list but it is probably a long way off for a few reasons... (gotta keep 'em guessing!)

Thanks Gang,

Neil

Music Junkie

Thu May 31, 2012 9:33 am

TGNeil wrote:
Glad to see the positive responses to this song. As many of you know I am having a lot of fun lately doing some of my personal favorites. I know Rain Song is high on the list but it is probably a long way off for a few reasons... (gotta keep 'em guessing!)

Thanks Gang,

Neil
It is truly a blessing to have someone who enjoys teaching so much. I cannot thank you enough for hard work you put into these lessons. Your enthusiasm shows and really makes this whole process so much more fun for me as well. Guitar has become such a great part of my life.... :)

J

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic