>> Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - Heart Of Gold with Fred

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
willem

Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:58 am

thedancer wrote:
Hi Neil

I am getting a bit fed up with the fly on the wall lessons with you and Fred. Fred is supposed to be a target founding member of about 3 years if I’m not mistaken. He looks and acts like he is a complete beginner, it just seems a bit false.

Dancer

Its a pity it makes you sad,,,I really like this kind of lessons,,imagine your were there in Neils cave and he was coaching you the things you want,,man I would be sweaty and I'm sure you can't act!!! do like Bojangles and danceeeeee and have a ball..I don't have a hat but if I had one I taked it of for Fred and all the others that do these vids and uploads!!!

come on Dancer be a sport..

Willem

takhak

Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:33 am

My first thought was maybe playing guitar ranks 6th or 7th on Freds list of hobbies.
Keep playing Fred and thankyou for sharing your lessons with us.

Fred

Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:02 pm

Wow...Never thought the FOTW's would generate such a spirited discussion....

Dancer, I can assure you there is no rehearsal or pre-work done before these lessons are shot. While I love playing and thought it would be easy to play the guitar simply because I love music and my background, I've been humbled to learn that just because of the passion I have for music and making music, does not translate into the ease at which my guitar skills will progress. None the less, I continue to press on.

Thanks all for your feedback...we have a great muscial community here and it's alot of fun doing the FOTW's because I can always look back at things and refresh my memory with hints, tips and insights from my live lessons with Neil.

Until next time...

Fred

haoli25

Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:28 pm

One of the many cool things about Neil's TARGET lessons, is his ability to make them feel like a One-on-One lesson for each and every member. I have always enjoyed your FOTW lessons, Fred. Thank you for sharing your private lessons with the rest of us. Don't change a thing.

Bill

thereshopeyet

Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:46 pm

Thanks

thedancer

Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:17 pm

Hi Neil

Firstly

I never put Fred down, all I said was he is acting as if he has just picked up the guitar a very short time ago and not the three years he has been a target founding member. If Neil’s lessons don’t inspire Fred to regularly pick up his guitar and practice. Who should take blame, Neil or Fred, or maybe both of them should take their share of the blame.

Secondly

40 years a teacher. Neil, you said to Fred, take a swing at it, in my opinion this was very poor communication. And, not the best advice you could have given. I’ll say no more.

Dancer
It doesn’t pay to be over sensitive

RicksPick

Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:27 pm

Fred I see the amount of songs you have on the go and are amazed
Wish I could pick them up so quickly and also sing and have your theory knowladge
Keep em coming please,

RicksPick

Fred

Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:23 am

Hey there Dancer..as you can see, the FOTW sessions are generally geared toward a particular movement or theory discussion. They are the items are more challenging for me while other things come easier. So on the more difficult (for me) aspects, I probably do look and act out of sorts - but I chalk it up to the learning process and use the FOTW as reminder and tool to go back and refine the things that are proving to be a barrier in an attempt to make them more routine.

Hey Rick...thanks for the kind words.

Fred

thereshopeyet

Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:57 pm

Dancer......

What's the point of Fred having a lesson about something he already understands?

Thanks for Sharing Fred !

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic