>> Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - Heart Of Gold with Fred

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Thu May 31, 2012 11:12 am

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

The strumming and singing to this Neil Young classic were going fine but working the little hammer-on riff into the Em chord was not quite accurate enough. We adjusted a few techniques and got a lot of improvement in a short time.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

willem

Thu May 31, 2012 11:34 am

Hi Fred Young..lol....a must know song Fred....It cost me an year to do that hammer/on down down blind... I would suggest you slow the intro down a bit to get it done or nailed,,there is here a nice collaboration that we did in the beginning from TG...

edit:found it,,it was so awesome to do and I never want to forget it...

Fred

Thu May 31, 2012 2:18 pm

Willem....

The hammer on....yes, the quest to get it right. Another "work in progress" to add to my bottomless list.

Thanks for sharing the collarboration video - thanks for sharing that. Amazing - fantastic job by all! Loved the harmonica playing!!!

Fred

thedancer

Thu May 31, 2012 5:08 pm

Hi Neil

I am getting a bit fed up with the fly on the wall lessons with you and Fred. Fred is supposed to be a target founding member of about 3 years if I’m not mistaken. He looks and acts like he is a complete beginner, it just seems a bit false.

Dancer

dtaylor

Thu May 31, 2012 5:27 pm

While I can see that there may be no benefit to you watching a lesser skilled musician being taught things you can do easily, it's a bit of a stretch to suggest there's play acting going on.

thereshopeyet

Thu May 31, 2012 5:42 pm

Dancer

TheresHopeYet.

Lavallee

Thu May 31, 2012 9:21 pm

Dancer,

On a regular basis, 1 out of two post from you is to shoot someone or something into flame. Whatever you don't like, you don't have to watch.If there was anything constructive in your remarks it would be interesting, but I do not see that, so I can only understand that you just want to be negative, maybe it is your nature.

TGNeil

Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:11 am

thedancer wrote:
Hi Neil

I am getting a bit fed up with the fly on the wall lessons with you and Fred. Fred is supposed to be a target founding member of about 3 years if I’m not mistaken. He looks and acts like he is a complete beginner, it just seems a bit false.

Dancer
Wow and ouch!

As a teacher for many years (over 40 as the crow flies...) I always look for improvement and progress in everyone, completely disregarding time involved or invested. With these lessons we know that we are reaching many people (frequently not active Forum participants) who are getting a lot out of the interactions that occur impromptu in my everyday lessons. Whatever drove you to bash this is beyond me, considering most of my life is spent analyzing how people learn and how I can best help them. Maybe you can guide me into how I can help you become a better musician, and particularly how to get out of being one who has to put others down to feel better about their own level or prowess. I am open to whatever suggestions will help you improve but you have to remember that everybody is at a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PLACE in their musical evolution and progressing at a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PACE in this endeavor.

Please continue to advise, I am listening.

Neil

Hydroman52

Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:13 am

Hey Fred,

Don’t let the bad press get to you. I always enjoy watching your Fly-On-The-Wall videos as well as everyone else’s. I think it’s a great teaching tool. You are doing a fine job of progressing, your enthusiasm is high, and you have a good grasp of theory. It takes a lot of courage to go in front of a camera in a one-on-one environment out of your home comfort zone knowing that what you are doing will be posted on a popular Internet site. You can expect some negative feedback in that situation . . . . remember, it’s only the vocal minority voicing an opinion.

Keep the videos coming.

Hydroman52

dtaylor

Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:18 am

Well said H, don't take it to heart Fred.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic