>> Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - Take Five Revisited with Ed

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:59 am

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

This was our follow up lesson to Dave Brubeck's Take Five. Ed had the rhythm down but the chords were not well enough defined and it lacked some percussion. We worked on adjusting his right hand finger attack and getting a staccato feel by emphasizing the rests in each measure. We also touched on cleaning up bits and pieces of other songs including The Fisherman by Leo Kottke, Sunny Skies by James Taylor, The 59th Street Bridge Song and a bit of Reverend Gary Davis.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

familyman4

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:47 am

Great FOTW lesson! Love the details that can make a good performance sound great.

Thanks for sharing!!!

Bart

jimcjimc

Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:32 pm

It is nice to see Take Five revisited! It's a fun tune to play around with.

It would be great if you could add some attachment for Take Five, perhaps a chord chart.

After the first FOTW on Take Five, I scribbled some notes of the chord progression and timing, but didn't quite get it all. I then went looking on the internet for chords and found they were slightly different in some places, and in a different key. So, now with the FOTW revisited, I am trying to find my notes and recall the chord shapes and positions.

Thanks,
Jim

thereshopeyet

Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:57 pm

Thanks.

Here's a link to the first FOTW:
Take Five FOTW 1 - Neil and Ed

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic