>> Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - Creeque Alley with Fred

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:54 am

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

As many of you have seen in past lessons with Fred, before we could even get started with reviewing the previous week’s lesson, we took off in a new direction with a song that had recently grabbed his attention. This week it was the almost eponymous song by The Mamas And The Papas. He had accurately figured out the chords, in the unusual key of B, which led us into a discussion on how a capo may have been used to create a somewhat basic progression, making it much easier to play further up the neck. We listened to the original and explored some of the possibilities.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... -fred.html

willem

Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:26 pm

Wow,,,Neil's got his script together,lol...Fred you have a long list and do you have songs nailed all ready??

greetings

Fred

Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:03 pm

Ha! Hey Willem - I've always like the M's and P's - especially this one. I was amazed how easy it was (I had figured it out after a few listens and play throughs - which you know meant that it MUST be an easy song!!). As he always does, Neil broke it down and made the progression even simpler with the capo - I've "almost" got this one mastered!

Thanks for dropping in, as always.

Fred

thereshopeyet

Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:50 am

Thanks

abiliog

Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:19 am

Thanks for another great lesson Fred.
I will get back to this one a few times in the near future :)
Abilio

peleus

Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:50 am

Video looks good. Very nice work guys. I just wondered on how long did it take you to practice this.

silvermatter

Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:24 pm

Very nice!

ramazzoli

Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:17 pm

nice lesson, and too bad about the flames on the prior FOTW...ignore the naysayers, fred.

back to a question alluded by fred....how does the Cmaj (+/- the 7th) fall into that key (relative key of A)? why does that work? not only should it be C#, but it should be minor?

so a relatively straightforward campfire song has a curveball chord (b3maj) and a b7 bass.

am i reading that right?

robb

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic