>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Nature's Way - Spirit

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:35 am

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Nature’s Way is a classic from the band Spirit, led by guitarist Randy California. It is from their fourth album, Twelve Dreams Of Dr. Sardonicus and features almost minimalist style guitar playing with a mix of steady bass notes and accented chords. The lesson covers syncopation and how to understand musical directions (i.e. DC al Coda) as well.

Enjoy this level 5 lesson.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

dennisg

Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:11 am

This is one of my all-time favorite songs, and one I've been playing off and on the past year.

sbutler

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:39 pm

Neil, Neil, Neil. Wow, I never would have thought this one would pop up. I love this song as it really takes me back to my runnin fun days.

The muting techniques are something I really want to get down a lot better, but the directions signs, well, I'm gonna have to watch that segment a lot. I have the basic understanding of what each symbol represents. My problem is WHEN to use them. In this tab, we pass a lot of instructional info, before we activate any of them. I realize this song has a natural progression that I understand. But a song that I've not heard before would really trip me up. And my goal is to understand when to start the instructional stuff, so I don't over shoot a measure.

Otherwise, I love this one. Great job Neil.

Scott

thereshopeyet

Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:08 pm

Thanks

micke1967

Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:39 am

Hi There
I had never heard this band before...but hey that was a really good song.
And me being 45 yo now I have heard this as a kid but never knew who did it...
Anyway a really catchy song and much fun to learn playin...

I also lloked into the band Spririt on wikipedia and also heard you tell about their history...
And that was interesting to with a sad ending of Randy dying saving his son from drowning...

I will try get an album of these guys cause im rather sure theres much more good songs in there...as you mentioned Taurus ->Pre Stairway2Heaven and more
Maybe you could find some more lessons to do on this band...

Many thanks for bringing Spirit to my mind...
Best regards Micael from Sweden :)

peleus

Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:59 am

I just simply love this song. Brings back my old memories. Nice job on this. I've been rpacticing on my own too using this as an inspiration.

silvermatter

Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:23 pm

Lovely song, thanks!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic