>> Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - Wavelength with Fred

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:29 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

Once again Fred came in with a few bits worked out to Van Morrison’s tune Wavelength, a bit of a different direction for Van in the disco era of the late 1970s. He had picked out the basic chords but missed a few subtleties that we went into, as well as touching on some helpful ear-training techniques.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... -fred.html

willem

Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:28 pm

Great stuff Fred...maj7..colorfull..can't wait for the pastels..

peleus

Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:39 am

+1 here. It was ver clean. Can't hear any single miss.

silvermatter

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:36 pm

Great stuff!

Fred

Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:23 pm

Thanks all for checking out the FOTW...still (as always) working out the kinks (not the band!), but a fun song to do and more challenging than 'brown eyed girl" - which is still fun, but wavelength is really cool.

Fred

dtaylor

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:40 pm

Fred you seem like the most most reluctant student of theory, do you choose to concentrate on that aspect of a lesson or is it led by Neil, just curious...?

Fred

Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:33 pm

I actually do enjoy the theory side, however, I also recognize that this is the slowest developing portion of my guitar. Part of that stems from the fact that my practice routine is spent playing. I really do not (and have not) spend much time just going through scales, or theory, etc. Now that I've "played" for a while, I'm trying to develop some habits that will bring theory a little more to the forefront. When I hear a song such as "wavelength" or "creeque alley" it's easy for me to hear the basic chords and piece the song together - what Neil get's me to think about is more theoretical which again, I really don't apply when piecing the song together, other than say a I IV V, etc progression.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic