>>New Lessons Package - David Bowie

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:45 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a brand new David Bowie 5-pack of lessons

Click here for more details

This new lessons package includes 5 David Bowie Lessons. Right now we are offering lifetime access to these lessons for only $37.95 This video lesson series is expertly taught by Neil Hogan and includes any chart, tab, and as a bonus to our members guitar pro files!

David Bowie is the creator of dozens of great songs over the last four decades. Here we offer a set of five of his early songs that are particularly guitar friendly.

Space Oddity is the song that brought David Bowie into our musical consciousness. It was released in 1969, coinciding with the American moon mission and captured the attention of the airwaves around the world. This lesson includes an ear-training component if you listen to the Preview segment without looking at it. The rest covers the numerous chords and some variations on strumming patterns.

The Man Who Sold The World is from David Bowie’s 1970 album of the same name that attracted a new audience when Nirvana performed it in 1993 as part of their MTV Unplugged concert. Typical of Bowie, the song includes unusual chord changes with a few catchy melodic lines thrown in. This lesson goes over a basic rhythm guitar version, but also incorporates some of the important lead lines.

Ziggy Stardust is a strumming song from David Bowie’s 1972 album The Risa And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust. This lesson is presented in our ‘Work It Out’ style, giving the student an opportunity to improve their ear-training. To get the most out of this lesson be sure to watch the first segment before looking at the attachments.

Starman was David Bowie’s second song to become a hit, three years after his 1969 release Space Oddity. It was part of his 1972 album The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars. The song features a lot of barre chords with some quick changes, as well as a short Interlude using power chords. This lesson also touches a bit on the short lead played through the Interlude.

Suffragette City is from David Bowie’s Ziggy Stardust album (1972) and probably falls into our ‘Caveman Rock’ category on some levels, although there are many nuances and complications that are featured in this lesson. We talk about power chords and a basic version but also explore rhythmic syncopations and double-time strumming. Getting everything up to speed can be quite challenging.

peleus

Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:08 am

Thanks for sharing your performance Tg. I enjoyed it a lot.

silvermatter

Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:43 am

TFS!

mystic368

Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:35 am

This package is what brought me to Totallyguitars.com. I bought the package, logged in and discovered the David Bowie package link is broken. It takes you to a teaser page for the Buddy Holly package. If I navigate to the individual lessons that are part of the package, I can't get access to them individually either. Just submitted a trouble ticket to Technical Support to fix the issue. A disappointing first experience with the site, I must say. Let's see how reponsive Technical Support is! :(

UPDATE: 7/26/12

I'm pleased to report that Technical Support resolved the issue very quickly indeed. The lessons are excellent. I particularly appreciated the detailed explanation of rhythm and timing. The only thing I would like to see added is a complete play through segment. Even so, I am very happy with the quality of the instruction and wouldn't hesitate to purchase more lessons. Thank you, Mr. Hogan!

Lavallee

Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:31 am

Hi Mystic, welcome to TG from Montreal Canada. I have been a paying member since the beginning 3 years ago. I can guaranty you that this is the best site on the web because of the best teacher, lots of lessons, great choice of songs, wonderful forum community. I can understand that the first time you make a request on a site that you do not know and it does not work, it could be scary. The David Bowie package was just release and maybe there is a technical problem with it but it will be resolved for sure. The best way to bring a problem to TG is to fill up a support ticket. You can do this by selecting support located in the black line above. Then select helpdesk. You will need to create a user name and a password, different from TG . In the category choose Target support and explain what happened. Central TG is on the West coast of the US so there might be a time zone difference with where you are located.

After having fun with the David Bowie package If you want to have access to all the lessons, all the time, you can join the Target program, this is what I am in.

You will enjoy a great package

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic