>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson addition - Mood For A Day Section E - Steve Howe/Yes

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:35 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's addition to Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

The last segment on Mood For A Day is really just a shortened repeat of some of the earlier themes, with a few variations.

Enjoy the final parts to this level 9 lesson.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

sbutler

Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:21 pm

Oh yeah! Now its on. I should wrap this up in 3 years, ok maybe 5.

Neil, it seems like almost too much to ask of you, after you've taken the time to put this all together, but will we see a complete, end to end, slowmo, metronome play through on this song? I would much rather try to keep up with and practice with you, than guitar pro.

Thanks again for this lesson. In another life, I used to have this album and honestly had forgotten about this song. Its not the kind that gets played on Classic Rock radio stations.
Now that you've unleashed this song on us, I can't leave it alone. Its addicting, and the techniques within it sound so cool, I really want to get this one down. Even if it takes a few years.

Neil, you've out done yourself with this one. Christmas early.

Scott

thereshopeyet

Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:34 pm

Neil you always make them look possible.
I like the concept of the drip feed and although even in drip feed this looks impossible!
Thanks

Lavallee

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:31 pm

Such a great lesson (as all the other ones) but I have been waiting for this to have guidance on this song after trying to work on my own and stumble at so many places for years (hope it will not discourage anybody, I am a slow learner). Especially the rundown technique is so helpful as I was in a deadend there. Really like the alternate riffs you are giving.This has definitely been back into my everyday songs.

I am also supporting a slow version to be added to play along (eventually).

Marc

TGNeil

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:04 pm

Thanks for the feedback on this lesson. I considered doing a complete slow play through but the numerous tempo changes make it pretty non-musical. I'm still not sure it could be done, or would be that helpful but I'll take another look someday.

Neil

Lavallee

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:21 pm

Thanks Neil

Marc

sbutler

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:03 pm

TGNeil wrote:
Thanks for the feedback on this lesson. I considered doing a complete slow play through but the numerous tempo changes make it pretty non-musical. I'm still not sure it could be done, or would be that helpful but I'll take another look someday.

Neil
You know, one of the best things about it is that it does speed up and slow down a lot. To the point, that even I can make it sound somewhat musical at several points.. I don't always have to keep the speed up. Sort of like Romanza. It can go many different tempo changes and I think it still sounds really nice. It will be a very long time before I can do it like Steve Howe,
But to have the continuity of a complete play through would sure be nice to have.

My two cents.
Scott

thereshopeyet

Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:46 pm

Thanks

sbutler

Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:45 pm

Dermot, I had never thought about the tempo changes. But since Neil brought it up, I can see the point. However, all the better reason to have a live person play it slow, than try to keep up with a computer version. A song that never changes is ok on Guitar pro. One that constantly speeds up and slows down, needs a professionals touch. I hope we can talk him into it.

Scott

thereshopeyet

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:31 am

Thanks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic