>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Midnight Rider- The Allman Brothers

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:04 am

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Midnight Rider is an acoustic classic by Gregg Allman and Robert Payne, first released on The Allman Brothers second album Idlewild South in 1970. It has become one of their most popular, and most covered tunes. This lesson looks at the intro, main riff accompaniment, chord progression, an acoustic adaptation of the solo, a way of working it out in an altered tuning (Double Dropped D), and a bit of the variations Gregg Allman added on his solo release Laid Back.

Enjoy this level 5 lesson.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

sbutler

Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:17 pm

Well by golly, thats proof positive, that Neil does look at the Recommend a lesson list.

This is such a neat song, and it will be a wonderful addition to one of my binders. Lets see, double drop d binder. No. How about finger picking. No. How about Allman Bro, no.

Oh hell, its just goin to the top of my "songs to work on list". :)

This will give me a break from spending all my time on "Mood for a day". ;)

Thanks Neil.

familyman4

Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:43 pm

When I joined this site a couple of months ago, I knew that there were many songs I wanted to add to my list. Let's face it, there are so many good songs to choose from that it is easy to start on several and not get them completely down before starting another. Plus the ones that I already knew but Neil does them a little differantly so I am tweeking them. Well here we go again... I love this Allman Brothers song and it will be added to my favorites list right now. I'll work on it this weekend but I don't think I will ever get caught up. I wish i would have known about this site when it first started 3 years ago so I could stay caught up :P

Anyway, there is -0- doubt that I am getting my money's worth here at TG.

Thanks again...

Bart

sbutler

Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:54 pm

familyman4 wrote:
When I joined this site a couple of months ago, I knew that there were many songs I wanted to add to my list. Let's face it, there are so many good songs to choose from that it is easy to start on several and not get them completely down before starting another. Plus the ones that I already knew but Neil does them a little differantly so I am tweeking them. Well here we go again... I love this Allman Brothers song and it will be added to my favorites list right now. I'll work on it this weekend but I don't think I will ever get caught up. I wish i would have known about this site when it first started 3 years ago so I could stay caught up :P

Thanks again...

Bart
Bart, forget about catching up. Neil cranks them out faster than we can learn them. But I am proof positive that all of the techniques he teaches will make you a better musician.
Scott

tombo1230

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:58 pm

sbutler wrote:
familyman4 wrote:

Thanks again...

Bart
Bart, forget about catching up. Neil cranks them out faster than we can learn them. But I am proof positive that all of the techniques he teaches will make you a better musician.
Scott
Yes Bart,
like Scott says, no chance of catching up. Just enjoy the ritches and the fact you have such great choice. Neil turns out a very high standard of lesson at some rate of turnover, it's truely amazing! Long may it continue and as you say yourself, just try not to learn bits and pieces, stick with a couple of songs at most until you have them down. There are some songs you can play in a night or two, then there are those that are long term studies. :) Enjoy!

Music Junkie

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:04 pm

This is a great treat, thanks Neil...... B)

haoli25

Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:19 am

Nice addition to the TARGET program. Thanks, Neil.

Bill

peleus

Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:55 am

Nice perforamce. Keep it up.

tedted3

Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:23 pm

Just wanted to say thanks for the lesson. I have tried for years to play this song and I just could not get it right. Filling out the measure after the riff finally did it. Nobody does a better all around job explaining details like that on the web. Thanks again.

Chasplaya

Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:52 pm

familyman4 wrote:. I wish i would have known about this site when it first started 3 years ago so I could stay caught up :P

Thanks again...

Bart[/quote]

Take it from someone who was here at the start, you will never catch up lol. Quite agree about money worth, certainly worth every penny! And hey this song is a great addition to the list

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic