>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Pinball Wizard - The Who

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:36 am

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Pinball Wizard has been on our Recommend A Lesson list since the very early days at TG. It is now available as a Target/PPL lesson. It is from one of The Who’s breakthrough albums Tommy, considered by many the first Rock-Opera, released in 1969, which was heavily featured in their Woodstock performance. The lesson covers the chords and syncopated strumming patterns, with a few of the electric guitar overdubs included as well.

Enjoy this level 7 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

familyman4

Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:32 pm

What a fun song to finally learn correctly. Love Pete Townsend. He's an awesome player and Neil, as usual, can bring a strong Rock & Roll song to life on acoustic.

Thanks for this lesson! It will be a blast to learn....
Bart

suziko

Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:04 pm

That looks really, really fun!

Suzi

neverfoundthetime

Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:29 pm

Oh yes!!!!!!!

willem

Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:22 pm

Thanks for release this lesson after so many years..lol,, B) see if we can manage that,,,I think Chris is a head with this fast and accenting strumming,,, B) B)

edit: after seeing a few sections I know it...Neil is fit...... :side: He could be the young boy that played the silver ball.. :woohoo:

neverfoundthetime

Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:40 pm

willem wrote:
Thanks for release this lesson after so many years..lol,, B) see if we can manage that,,,I think Chris is a head with this fast and accenting strumming,,, B) B)
I may have been ahead on this for the past week or so Willem... but now I am back to the drawing board after seeing Neil's analysis of the strum. I have some unlearning to do!

Marc are you watching?! ;)

AcousticAl

Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:01 pm

Had to pop up for this one!!

Very cool Mr. Hogan.

smips65

Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:02 am

:blush:

A song I've long wanted to master...

My only major hiccup was the 3 string hinge barre for those "sus" chords.

So I possibly have a 4th alternative for those "sus" chords that Neil didn't show....

...Keeping Neil's advice that the Barre chords give a fuller sound in mind...

Rather than use 4th,3rd, and 2nd fingers for the fifth, fouth, and third stings, use fourth and third fingers on the fourth and third strings, and slightly push the third finger onto the fifth string to kill it, making the "sus" change to major slightly easier, and the transition down the neck more managable...Especially when you try to play this up to speed.

I know, only 5 out of 6 stings in the mix, but that thumb wraparound techinique of Pete's to only play 4 strings was beyond my ability.

Just an idea for those of us that need a little extra help. :blush: :blush: :blush:

willem

Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:11 am

smips65 wrote:
:blush:

A song I've long wanted to master...

My only major hiccup was the 3 string hinge barre for those "sus" chords.

So I possibly have a 4th alternative for those "sus" chords that Neil didn't show....

...Keeping Neil's advice that the Barre chords give a fuller sound in mind...

Rather than use 4th,3rd, and 2nd fingers for the fifth, fouth, and third stings, use fourth and third fingers on the fourth and third strings, and slightly push the third finger onto the fifth string to kill it, making the "sus" change to major slightly easier, and the transition down the neck more managable...Especially when you try to play this up to speed.

I know, only 5 out of 6 stings in the mix, but that thumb wraparound techinique of Pete's to only play 4 strings was beyond my ability.

Just an idea for those of us that need a little extra help. :blush: :blush: :blush:

I really think its a geat tip,,neither I can make that hince bar with one finger and neither can put 3 fingers in that narrow box on the 9 fret,,the thumb wrap with muting the fifth string also a hiccup,,thx

I try also for muting the fourth string just my fourth finger by laying it a bit flat against the fourth string...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic