>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - More Than A Feeling - Boston

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:02 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

More Than A Feeling is the first hit from Boston, released in 1976 on their debut album. It features a memorable guitar arpeggio opening then a driving chorus with syncopated strumming. This lesson goes over all the rhythm parts, as well as strumming it in single time and double time.

Enjoy this level 5 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

willem

Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:12 pm

There is some great music out the past,,,love it..thx

familyman4

Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:18 pm

I knew there was a 70's rocker inside of you.... :) I'm surprised you didn't break out the Les Paul and show us the leads on this one. (What if we said please?)

Thanks for the fun lesson on a great old song!!!

thereshopeyet

Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:02 pm

Aaaaah, really love this song! Have learned the intro and the rhythm guitarpart years ago, but am very curious for your take on it, thanks!

suziko

Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:06 pm

So I somehow missed this when it came out about a year ago. Just recently bought a used copy of the album (on vinyl) while at a used bookstore and have rediscovered what a great album it is, from beginning to end. Not a dud on it. I'm really enjoying working on this song now, especially the alternate picking in the intro/verses and the double-time strumming.

Thanks for this great lesson, Neil!! And I would LOVE to see more Boston songs!!

Suzi

thereshopeyet

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:30 pm

;)

Shhh

suziko

Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:23 pm

Just walk away, Dermot! :)

thereshopeyet

Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:33 pm

Just passing through...honest !!

:(

Focused.

:)

sbutler

Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:44 pm

suziko wrote:
So I somehow missed this when it came out about a year ago. Just recently bought a used copy of the album (on vinyl) while at a used bookstore and have rediscovered what a great album it is, from beginning to end. Not a dud on it. I'm really enjoying working on this song now, especially the alternate picking in the intro/verses and the double-time strumming.

Thanks for this great lesson, Neil!! And I would LOVE to see more Boston songs!!

Suzi
Ok Suzi, which Boston song should be next on the list eh????Scott

Music Junkie

Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:15 pm

sbutler wrote:
suziko wrote:

Suzi
Ok Suzi, which Boston song should be next on the list eh????Scott
I would agree on the MORE Boston topic... ;)

I would vote for anything off of that album, but "Hitch A Ride", "Long Time" and "Let Me Take You Home Tonight" all have some nice acoustic sounds in them.... B)

J

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic