>> Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - Lynn's Lesson

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:33 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

Lynn is a Target Member from Virginia who dropped in for a live lesson. We went over many topics and songs mostly relating to instrumental fingerpicking techniques and concepts. Topics included have a grasp of the harmony and individual components of a piece rather than just playing by numbers on the page, and finding the melody by ear. Songs included Blackbird, God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen, Deck The Halls, Deep River Blues, and a few John Fahey tunes and techniques.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

beaker

Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:22 pm

Neil and Lynn, Excellent lesson, thanks. Lynn, your playing is excellent! I'd like to hear more. Maybe you'll post a busking vid, or something that you are working on? Also, I'm interested in what guitar you are playing? The wood that I can see in the vid on the sides of your guitar looks interesting, but I can't tell what it is. Thanks again, Beaker.

beaker

Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:27 pm

Doh, I just reviewed the end of the last section, and oh... what I dummy I was..... you are playing Neil's Guitar and the wood is Koa. The first time though, I was not paying close enough attention. Beaker.

willem

Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:11 pm

As A FOTW listener I enjoyed it pretty much and Lynn I had a big smile when you shaked both hands and thx the master,,,,,

I see where you are now but I still think your a good player and looking forward to uploads from you and benefit from it too,,

happy Holidays,,,

Willem

ps So pinches are always on the beats??

thereshopeyet

Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:05 am

Neil and Lynne

I enjoyed listening in on your song lessons.
Thanks for sharing Lynne.

Dermot

sbutler

Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:00 am

Lynn, your going to fit right in here. Your not shy about the camera, and i think the FOW lessons bring out some of the best in Neil and the student. The one on one gives Neil a chance to trouble shoot issues that he doesn't get when he's by himself filming a lesson. The dialog adds so much more (not that his lesson are lacking anything).

Thanks for letting us spy on your lesson Lynn. Great stuff for all of us.

Scott

familyman4

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:58 am

This was a great FOTW series of lessons!

Lynn, thanks for sharing. You were taken out of your comfort zone but did a remarkable job keeping your cool and thinking through the processes.

This lesson, especially the "deck the halls" portion, really shows how important a basic understanding of time signatures, counting, etc can be for all of us wanting to improve.

Thank you for sharing your lesson time with Neil so the rest of us can benefit from your experience!

Chords first, then the base line, then the melody. What a concept :)

Bart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic