>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - So Begins The Task - Stephen Stills

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:44 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

So Begins The Task is a Stephen Stills song that dates back to the early CSN days and eventually was released on his album Manassas in 1972. It is a somewhat basic fingerpicking song as far as patterns are concerned but he has a few specific embellishments and chord variations that are covered in this lesson.

Enjoy this level 5 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

sbutler

Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:23 am

Why do these chords work well together? Well its because Stills did it. DUH.

I'm not sure Neil, but I do know that its instantly recognizable as Steven Stills. He used them a lot I guess.

I got home too late to whip out the guitar and play along, (sharon is already sleeping) but I did the ear training as you required. I only cheated once, but pretty much got the chords. I think I could play that progression without any words. I love that sound.

I keep expecting to come home and see a classical music lesson, complete with reading music, but once again the birthday boy surprises us.

Its good stuff.

Thanks,
Scott

thereshopeyet

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:13 am

Neil

I like the ear training songs... this looks a good one.
Thanks.

Dermot

trix606

Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:02 am

Loving this latest Stephen Stills trip. I searched for years for a copy of Manassas (pre-iTunes days, heck even pre-CD :blink: ) , finally found it on iTunes a few years ago. So many great songs on that album from straight up CSN type stuff to cool bluesy songs. Thanks for adding this one!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic