>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Gypsy - The Moody Blues

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:45 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Gypsy is is a great strumming song with a few riffs and licks thrown in for good measure. Justin Hayward wrote it and is first appeared on The Moody Blues 1969 album To Our Children's Children's Children. This lesson covers everything you need to play a cool acoustic version the opening riff and its chordal cousin that follows, some open barre chords, and syncopated strumming patterns in the verse followed by pounding eighth note patterns. Overall this song is just really fun to play.

Enjoy this level 6 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

unclewalt

Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:48 pm

I'm getting error messages on all the vids, "stream not found."

TGNeil

Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:24 am

Ahh!, Me too- will get on it in the morning.

Neil

TGNeil

Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:46 pm

Seems to be working now, check it when you can.

Neil

unclewalt

Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:15 pm

Yep, working. Thanks.

unclewalt

Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:21 pm

...and so glad to see some supernerdy theory stuff in this.

sbutler

Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:42 pm

Everyone made some guitar playing goals for this year. One of mine biggest is to put more accuracy into my precision picking. This one is perfect for that.

I have to confess that I'm not familiar with this song, but wow, does is sound fun to play. Its better on the acoustic than the electric guitars in the you tube example you gave us.

Thanks Neil, this one is going to be fun.

Scott

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:33 am

Wow! What a lesson!

If you haven't had a chance to check this out yet, you need to, its Neil at his best. The arrangement really works well and captures perfectly one of my favourite MB songs from waaaaaay back. On the face of it, its always seemed to be simple song (as long as you are just strumming the chords) but Neil has made it much more interesting by showing how to add all the intricacies which capture much more of what's going on in this song with the Melatron as well as the guitars. Brilliant! This is as exciting as finding Neil's Story in Your Eyes lesson which had me running to join TG 3 1/2 years ago. Thanks Neil!

Life is not bad when you wake up to a lesson like this and the view outside the window includes the entire Bernese Alp Panarama....

iPhones are crap when it comes to landscape pics but below you can see the lake of Biel 600 mtrs straight down from my window, to the left front the town of Biel and then across the plain in the distance (looks much closer and spectacular "live") the Alps with the Eiger, Mönch and Jung Frau straight ahead (slightly left of centre) with their heads cut off by cloud at about 3'500 Mtrs.

Chasplaya

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:08 pm

Got to agree with Chris here simply awesome lesson and not a frilly shirt in sight! Already had a go at this yesterday. Nice photo Chris.

thereshopeyet

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:31 pm

Thanks Neil

Dermot

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic