>> Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - Lynn Comes Back For More

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:40 am

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

Lynn is out Target member from Virginia who came in for a lesson a few months back and returned for a second visit recently. This time we started with a check up or her progress on God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, which led into a brush-up session on scales and chord construction, before we headed into Open G Tuning ideas. That started with a look at Steve Goodman’s song The Dutchman, followed by a little general theory on open tunings, and than a look at a few other songs, including Here Comes The Sun and Big Yellow Taxi.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... -more.html

willem

Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:55 pm

Lynn,,life and music is a lot of numbers,,,I did'nt see all the parts of this FOTW yet but I liked hearing you sing,,nice song!! ''The Dutchman'',, :laugh: B)

Willem,,

thereshopeyet

Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:22 pm

Neil and Lynn

Great FOTW thanks for sharing it.

Dermot

auntlynnie

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:11 pm

Thanks Willem, Dermot, and Neil, too.
We covered a lot of ground in that lesson and I got re-inspired to dig into the theory stuff today. My son (the music major) got out his theory book and helped me out a bit, too.

You know what's the best part of getting older? Not being so self-conscious...I can actually watch the entire lesson and not feel embarrassed. :unsure:

Cheers,
Lynn

Music Junkie

Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:04 pm

Lynn,

Thank you so much for allowing Neil and the folks at TG to share these sessions. I feel that I have started to understand chords and scales fairly well, and am gaining some very limited knowledge on modes. This was a perfect lesson for me to help clear up some lingering questions. Also, you play very nicely. Your picking sounds very clear when you get rolling.... :)

Jason

Hydroman52

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:25 am

Lynn,

Good one!

Hydroman52

sbutler

Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:13 pm

auntlynnie wrote:
Thanks Willem, Dermot, and Neil, too.
We covered a lot of ground in that lesson and I got re-inspired to dig into the theory stuff today. My son (the music major) got out his theory book and helped me out a bit, too.

You know what's the best part of getting older? Not being so self-conscious...I can actually watch the entire lesson and not feel embarrassed. :unsure:

Cheers,
Lynn
Oh Lynn, there is nothing to be embarrassed about. Your a natural. You ask great questions, you don't let your nerves get the best of you. Your a pleasure to watch. I got to sit in that seat a year ago, I wasn't so calm. You did really well. I learn more theory from these FOTW lessons, than I ever would on my own because of a self discipline thing. Thanks for taking one for the team. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Scott

thereshopeyet

Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:36 pm

Lynn, Scott's right your a natural, I missed his FOTW's so went digging......

You guys are great for sharing your lesson time with Neil with us !

Thanks

Dermot

Scott, thanks for that heads up ;) :ohmy:

Your a natural too Scott.

Scott Plays Windy And Warm

Scott - From the beginning

Scott plays On The Horizon

auntlynnie

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:10 pm

Jason,
I too, learned a lot about modes and scales and theory and such. As I said, I got right back into that after watching that part of the lesson.
Each time I work on theory, I understand a bit more.
Like improving my technique, I just have to keep at it.
Lynn

auntlynnie

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:12 pm

Thanks Scott and Dermot,
For your encouragement. I do wish I could play better in those lessons.
I guess I should get up the courage and post something for Neil to review.
:)
Lynn

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic