>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - From A Window Seat - Dawes

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:54 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Dawes is a band from Southern California that is bringing back the combination of great songwriting, great vocal harmonies, and catchy rhythms, and combining them into infectious tunes. From A Window Seat includes syncopated strumming patterns, quick arpeggios, left hand muting to strum just a few strings, and some challenging fills behind the changes. A very fun song to play!

Enjoy this level 7 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

Music Junkie

Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:36 pm

Neil:

This is great. Taylor Goldsmith was playing with Jackson Browne on his acoustic tour when we went to see him in January in Thousand Oaks, CA (just 20min south of us here in Ventura, CA). About half way through the show Jackson introduced Taylor and the other band members of Dawes as one of his favorite bands right now. They all got up and played one of their songs ("How Far We've Come" or something like that... :unsure: ). We really enjoyed it. He also had a guitarist by the name of Val McCallum playing in. Val has done a lot of studio work, and is currently in a band called, of all things, Jackshit..... Yeah.... Anyway, the concert was great as usual, and it was great to be introduced to Dawes. I have them up on my list of new music to check out. You are getting cutting edge with your lessons.... :lol:

Thanks for another great lesson.

Jason

tedted3

Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:57 pm

Another great lesson of a band I have never heard of before. I have been a member now for years, and I still love this site. I would not be a quarter of the guitar player I am without it. Thanks Neil for introducing me to new music and being able to teach someone who has no real talent. Thanks again.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic