>> Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - Time Signatures & Beat Divisions with Kevin

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:27 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

We had been working on a song in 6/8 time and Kevin was having a little trouble strumming and understanding how to count the beats. We pretty much cleared up a few things along those lines, then ventured into dividing beats into eighth notes, triplets and sixteenth notes, and even touched on labeling parts of songs.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... kevin.html

thereshopeyet

Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:58 am

Neil and Kevin
Thanks for the Timely FOTW In Time !

Dermot

sbutler

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:45 am

This really was a good lesson for me. In the past I haven't paid as much attention to these things as I do learning a technique.

Thats why these FOTW lessons are great for me. I take the time to learn the OTHER stuff.

Thanks Guys.
Scott

thereshopeyet

Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:29 pm

Thanks

ramazzoli

Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:39 pm

great lesson!. i have trouble identifying non-standard times by ear, particularly 6/4 and 6/8; i can hear the triple-beat foundation, but i also tend to hear an underlying 4-beat drive (albeit much slower), particularly in blues. the other night i was listening to one song that i could easily tap out 1-2-3-4 to (or so i thought), but at the same time i could just as easily make a faster ONE-two-three, TWO-two-three, THREE-two-three, FOUR-two-three fit in, which to me sounds like triplets for a 6/8 feel (or even 12/8?). at the same time, on a song like shine on you crazy diamond, that same ONE-two-three etc shows up as 6/4. are there clues to help you decide what's a triplet and what's not? is it just tempo?

robb

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic