>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Taxi - Harry Chapin

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:04 am

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Harry Chapin burst on the scene with his storytelling songs in 1972 with his album Heads And Tales. Taxi was the lead single (at almost 7:00 long!) and is a big part of his legendary status among songwriters. This only set the stage for dozens of other great songs in has all too short career. This lesson goes over everything you need to play a solo version, accompanying your singing of course. There are a lot of chords and a lot of different right hand techniques, including arpeggio picking, finger strumming, the invisible pick, and country strumming to name just a few. There is even an instrumental transcription of the cello modulation that happens early in the song.

Enjoy this level 7 lesson!

http://totallyguitars.com/target-songs/ ... esson.html

neverfoundthetime

Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:54 pm

Great to see this lesson up Neil, many thanks! Somehow missed it until Bill mentioned it and you gave a shout out on the weekly review!

familyman4

Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:35 pm

I have been working in an area that had very poor internet and -0- cell reception all week long. Thank goodness you do the weekly recap so I could catch this lesson!!! From the looks of the forum, I've missed a lot this week :angry: Anyway, this song (Taxi) and I have a history and I am anxious to learn it correctly instead of the cobbled up way I've played it for 20 years :woohoo:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! Have I told you lately that I love this site!!!!! (BTW, That reminds me of a Rod Stewart song I need to put on the requested song list :) It never ends.....)

Bart

thereshopeyet

Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:11 pm

Neil You mentioned the lack of response to Taxi in the news.

I did look at it, it's another great lesson, thanks, the good intention is there but.....
unfortunately it joins a long three year list of amazing lessons you've created. !!

How will I ever catch up !!

Got it..... Get a Taxi !!!.... :laugh:

Thanks

Dermot

:ohmy:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic