>> Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - Wild Horses #1 with Matt F.

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:05 am

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

This is an introduction to a relatively new student of mine, Matt F. He came to me last October with a mission: He wanted to surprise his wife on her birthday (late March) with the song Wild Horses by The Rolling Stones. He had dabbled a little with the guitar over the years but didn’t have the techniques or knowledge he needed to pull it together on his own. He worked hard on changing chords (including barres) and keeping a steady strumming pattern going, and by mid-February we were ready to work on adding vocals. This lesson was really just recorded to give him an idea of how he was progressing with the project but we decided to start a little mini-series on his mission and add it to our FOTW series.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... tt-f-.html

thereshopeyet

Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:40 am

Neil and MattF

That is one.... WILD..... FOTW !!

It will be interesting to follow the other FOTW's.

Good luck with your mission Matt.

Dermot

sbutler

Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:26 pm

I don't know how well Matt was doing with Barre chords before this, but It looks like a pretty convincing reason for "Instructor of the Year" to me.

Matt had a lot to do with his progress as well. You could tell that he could "hear" the song, and that helped him thru sticky spots. But all in all, very well done.
He'll do really well if he sticks with Neil.

Scott

willem

Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:41 pm

Awesome,,can't wait at #2 etc..

Willem

Hydroman52

Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:43 am

Matt,

Good work on Wild Horses. Sounds like your mission is on track. Keep at it. Can't wait to see the rest of the series.

Hydroman52

jayswett

Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:45 am

I like this idea. Can't wait to see the progress.

familyman4

Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:59 am

Hello Matt F.

Just a quick note of appreciation for allowing Neil to use your video's for the FOTW series. There a re a lot of people that would love to have Neil give them private lessons (me included). This way, as folks are watching your lesson, you can actually help a lot of folks out in the electronic world. Chances are that whatever parts of a lesson you might struggle through, it's the same as someone else that will benefit from watching you get it down :)

Keep up the good work, you will master this song and many, many more after that!

I know your wife will appreciate all of your efforts in learning this song for her!

Good luck & play, play, play...
Bart

BRBbrb

Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:14 pm

Good job! What a great song to start with-sounds full. My turn.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic