>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Powderfinger - Neil Young

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:32 am

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Here is a pretty basic song by Neil Young that was originally released on Rust Never Sleeps, although the song goes back a few more years. This lesson takes on a bit of the ‘Work It Out’ approach and encourages you to try it by ear first. Then it goes into versions in a couple different keys, including the real original way as it appeared in 1976 on the unreleased album Chrome Dreams.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

willem

Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:02 pm

I would love to see a breakdown from ''sail away'' which is on ''rust never sleeps'' I believe..

Willem

sws626

Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:02 pm

Hi Neil,
So nice to see this lesson. It's one of my very favorites and one I took a stab at learning a couple of years ago. I especially appreciated the way you work through the alternate version in E. I'll have to try that. I wonder if you will say a word or two about the Cowboy Junkies' version.
-Stuart

thereshopeyet

Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:51 pm

Great Song Neil

That's about 28 Neil Young song lessons, just brilliant.

I've tried a few but someone told me if learn them while learning guitar,I not enjoy them the same.
So I've put off learning them for a while, not sure that's such a good plan as I joined for Neil Young lessons!

:blush: :S :blush:

Thanks

Dermot !

familyman4

Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:27 pm

It sure is unusual to watch the old video and seeing them all play open chords on the Gibson Les Paul guitars.

Dermot, I feel like someone has told you wrong... My feelings are that you should learn as many Neil Young songs as you can while you're learning ther guitar! If his music makes you happy, I think it will make you even more determined to learn the chord changes and nice little runs he uses :)

As a rule, Neil's songs aren't that difficult but they are really fun to play. Especially if you grew up with his music like I did.

Bart

thereshopeyet

Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:17 pm

I was thinking the same Bart !
Mind you, I'll maybe mange them better now too.

:)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic