>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Open G Noodle by MarkM- Neil Hogan (Instrumental)

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
BobR

Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:02 pm

This is Way cool.

This is the stuff that makes TG the greatest.

Congratulations to you all.

MarkM

Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:23 pm

Ahem.........Wow what to say???? I got a call from Neil on Saturday saving me from some yard work I was supposed to be doing. It's not every day you get a call from NEIL at Totally Guitars. We had a very nice conversation about his idea to put up a video of the song. I've got to say I was really surprised. He asked if it would be OK and of course I said yes as its a great idea. I mean come on, Neil wants to do a lesson on this. What else was I going to say?? I was on the road for most of the day today when I got the facebook message on my phone to check out TG from Ness. I didn't think that the lesson would be up so soon as I'm sure Neil has so many other things going on. Once I got home I sat in my office and checked it out. Its a pretty remarkable and a bit wierd/unnerving feeling to see someone playing a song that I just put together in this very room just over a week ago or so. I mean I'm sitting in my chair watching Neil play these notes and chord progression that I still have ringing in my head. Then to top it off he goes through each and every detail in the lesson. I'm flabergasted. What a treat!!

Of course none of this would have happened if Michele and Ness didn't add their parts. All I did was put some nice sounding chords together in a progression that sounded nice. Figured I'd try to arrange them into a structure that would be conducive to a song. Thinking later.....much later.... I would get around to some lyrics. What these two ladies did was amazing. Michele hit the nail on the absolute head with what emotions I was trying to deliver with the music. As I've stated in other threads, the bridge section was my favorite. It just sounded so dissonent and out of scope with the feeling of the rest of the song. I'll take Neils word for the chord names on those. :laugh: Ness added just the right amount of keyboards that drove the feeling even further. Very strong yet subtle at the same time giving enough space for Michele to shine. Thank you both for making my little experiment sound so good. It would have been nothing without your story.

With that being said I'm just in a bit of a shock to see and hear this on TG. A person could get used to this I imagine. :laugh: :laugh: I'll hang on to this feeling for a day or two then go back to my meager guitar playing skills. I will say that one of my guitars is still in Open G and there are so many cool riffs and progressions in there. Need to make sure the recorder is on so I don't forget.....

Neil thank you so much for this gift. It was a pleasure speaking wth you the other day. I quite enjoyed our conversation. Hopefully I'll be at the Guitar Camp. Need to have that conversation with my wife still. So now that we got through this how about a little Cosmic Empire??? :unsure: :unsure: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks everyone!!

MarkM

tombo1230

Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:04 pm

This is cooler than ice cream! :) :) A brilliant idea to turn it into a lesson.

This is why I love this place. B)

Tom N.

lueders

Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:10 pm

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Congrats Mark & team...this sure is inspirational!

That's some validation too...from the Big Kahuna himself!
Just outta sight, guys Way to go!!!

pbraun

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:36 pm

Mark this is way too cool but I've got to say you and everyone involved deserve it. Your song inspired many and I am sure there will more to come!
Pete

wrench

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:20 pm

Congratulations to all you guys.

And Mark, stop pinching yourself - it's real, man!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic