>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Burnin’ For You - Blue Oyster Cult

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:40 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

This is probably not a song that jumps out as an acoustic guitar piece but it is really fun to play. It is from Blue Oyster Cult’s 1981 album Fire Of Unknown Origin and the lesson covers the rhythm guitar parts as well as the opening leads played in the intro. There is also a bit on playing both parts of the main double lead riff together. Otherwise it is power chords and barre chords with some muted, percussive strumming.

Enjoy this level 6 lesson!

http://totallyguitars.com/target-songs/ ... esson.html

sbutler

Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:54 pm

well now, that sounds really fun. I'm afraid its going to have to go in the middle of my 200 song list of things to work on, but hey, I may get to it. :)

Scott

suziko

Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:34 pm

You're right, I never would have thought to play this on acoustic. But it's my favorite BOC song and there are a ton of great techniques to learn from this song. Yup, I think I'll have a go at it!

sbutler

Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:35 pm

suziko wrote:
You're right, I never would have thought to play this on acoustic. But it's my favorite BOC song and there are a ton of great techniques to learn from this song. Yup, I think I'll have a go at it!
thats the spirit suzi! geterdone

lueders

Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:28 pm

I dig this song too Suzi. I saw these guys on the county fair circuit sometime in the mid 90s. They were great!!

Tangent Alert: Blue Oyster Cult...I've always thought that was such a cool enigmatic name. It sounds like something that could be both subversive and submersible; perhaps a mysterious sect of oyster-lovin scuba divers or whatever.

I also seem to remember "the Blue Oyster" was the name of a lively bar in the Police Academy movies. Lol!

Cori

suziko

Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:10 am

More Tangents:

All this BOC talk makes me think of my favorite-ever SNL skit. The "More Cowbell" skit!!

lueders

Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:44 pm

Bruce Dickinson!!

Yeah, totally that's why I chose my Walken/Dickinson...COWBELL avatar a while back. Whoo hoo! :)

I concur, classic bit!!

suziko

Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:15 pm

lueders wrote:
Bruce Dickinson!!

Yeah, totally that's why I chose my Walken/Dickinson...COWBELL avatar a while back. Whoo hoo! :)

I concur, classic bit!!
Yes, THE Bruce Dickinson. :)

Haha! I can't believe I forgot that was your avatar!!

I've watched that skit so many times and it still makes me laugh.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic