>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - How Far We’ve Come - Dawes

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri May 03, 2013 10:28 am

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

This song is an example of how a writer can take a very simple chord progression and dress it up with alternate chord voicings, some basic picking embellishments, and interesting vocal harmonies, to create a tune that appears to have much more than its parts. The progression is straightforward but the picking adds a few levels of difficulty, depending on your fingerpicking experience of course.

Enjoy this level 6 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

willem

Fri May 03, 2013 2:57 pm

luve it a,,more and more,,oh wow now that harmony singin...

Willem

jayswett

Sat May 04, 2013 7:45 am

Wow. These guys are really good. I now know what I will be doing for several hours this weekend. Will there be an open mic session at the guitar camp? If so, we should do this song.
Jay

thereshopeyet

Sat May 04, 2013 6:23 pm

Great song Neil

There's a similar sound to Fleetwood Mac in the acoustic finger-picking, that might be my ears only !!!

Thanks for the lesson another for the extensive ... good intention.... list !!

Dermot

neverfoundthetime

Sun May 05, 2013 8:21 am

What great song! I just love the stripped-down simpleness and clean precision with which this song is performed. One guitar and 3 part harmony... lovely. I'm sure this is going to be a another great lesson.

unclewalt

Thu May 23, 2013 2:49 pm

This is pretty great. Dawes with John Fogerty on last night's Letterman. Probably my favorite CCR song (would make a good lesson, I think).

Music Junkie

Thu May 23, 2013 3:01 pm

unclewalt wrote:
This is pretty great. Dawes with John Fogerty on last night's Letterman. Probably my favorite CCR song (would make a good lesson, I think).

Dawes is really making the rounds...lol Like I mentioned before, when I went to see Jackson Browne a few months ago, they played a few songs with him as well. I really like them, but I just have to mention that the drummer cracks me up with his facial expressions.... He just flat gets into the music....:woohoo:

AcousticAl

Thu May 23, 2013 9:11 pm

I stumbled across their cover of "Jealous Guy" when I was learning it and was blown away!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic