>> Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - Stormy Monday I with Fred

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Wed May 15, 2013 10:30 am

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

Fred and I have been working on Stormy Monday, a song originally by T-Bone Walker, covered by numerous artists, and notably by The Allman Brothers. It is a 12-Bar Blues Progression done in 12/8 time using some jazzy chords and substitutions. In this segment we talk about dividing beats into 2, 3, 4, and even 8 parts, standard I-IV-V blues progressions, and dominant ninth chords.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... -fred.html

willem

Wed May 15, 2013 12:06 pm

Hi Fred glad your back,,your my favo on the FOTW and Matt is now too,,,Matt with his Wild horses,, in this case I'm super glad your back and that is that 9th chord with three fingers and that will take some time to get down for me so I'm glad Neil toke the time for it how to work on it,,Q; how many strings must we put down with finger 3 ??

Willem

P.S,,,don't know if its any help but I put my pinky under the neck,,sometimes I also make with my knockle(pinky) some presser against the neck while pumpin the chord...man what a discover,,

Fred

Wed May 15, 2013 2:32 pm

Hey Willem;

Thanks for checking the FOTW out. The 9th chord has top 3 strings barred with the third finger. One tip that Neil gave me was during the transition from the G7 is to get the third finger down first. That has really helped and came "semi" easy. But as we both know, it's always a work in progress.

Cheers-
Fred

willem

Wed May 15, 2013 2:44 pm

Fred wrote:
Hey Willem;

Thanks for checking the FOTW out. The 9th chord has top 3 strings barred with the third finger. One tip that Neil gave me was during the transition from the G7 is to get the third finger down first. That has really helped and came "semi" easy. But as we both know, it's always a work in progress.

Cheers-
Fred
Great exercise too,,from the G7 versus C9,,thx,,curious along this will take me,,

thereshopeyet

Wed May 15, 2013 4:06 pm

Neil and Fred

I enjoyed this FOTW.
Lots of interesting stuff in there?

Dermot

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic