>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Someone Like You - Adele

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Tue May 28, 2013 1:34 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live. This is Vanessa's first lesson as part of the Totally Guitars Family, we are happy to have her with us!

Someone Like You is a beautiful song from Adele’s second album, 21, and was originally played on a piano. In this lesson we take a look at how to play a similar arrangement on the guitar. The song is in the key of A, and we capo the guitar at the second fret and play it in the key of G. It will be very translatable and doable this way. We will of course take a look at the fingerpicking pattern for the right hand as well as the chords and the specific fingerings for the left hand in order to get as close as possible to the inversions which were used on the piano.

Enjoy this level 5 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

willem

Tue May 28, 2013 1:41 pm

Yeah,,,Ness very relaxed,,

Willem

Edit ...love the background

second Edit.seen most of the lesson now and I must say,,''There is no one like you!!!'' what a fine lesson,,glad you sang it too..

Third edit..I buy myself some cake..with chocolat....

suziko

Tue May 28, 2013 1:51 pm

I'm about to start watching the lesson but had to watch the play-through first. Chills. Absolutely beautiful. Brava, Nessa!!!

Suzi

neverfoundthetime

Tue May 28, 2013 1:58 pm

How cool is this and how perfectly does Vanessa fit this new TG teaching role! We need to have a party to celebrate!

dennisg

Tue May 28, 2013 1:59 pm

Haha ... Suzi said it perfectly: brava, Nessa! I just watched your preview and thought you did a fabulous job. I'm really happy for you! Now I can't wait to watch the entire lesson.

sbutler

Tue May 28, 2013 3:30 pm

Oh Vanessa, your a natural. We are going to have to lobby Neil pretty hard to get you some Hawaian shirts. Otherwise, very well done.

Scott

michelew

Tue May 28, 2013 4:06 pm

What a FANTASTIC choice for your first lesson Ness. This is a great song. I just watched the Playthough WOW! You really nail it and your voice is SO gorgeous. The arrangement is fabulous. So she wrote it on the guitar. I found that fascinating too.

There is SO much work here, 8 parts. I'm going to say it again, WOW! And OMG the amount of tabbing you had to do with all those sixteenth notes. I've watched some of the other parts too, and you really have given us something that's beautifully detailed, well explained and interesting; in my humble opinion. Thank you!

You definitely look like you're born to do this. :)

The background is really cool, and a nice nod to Neil's old set up. :)

You're a natural. We're SO lucky to have you teaching us too now.

Good job jumping the fence.

Shel

lueders

Tue May 28, 2013 5:03 pm

I know you've been doing this 10 years and some change and you have been an unofficial teacher here almost since your arrival...(as a matter of fact I probably personally owe u back pay...lol) but, man it is CRAZY to see the Letters :Totally Guitars Vanessa and then see you emerge on my computer monitor!!!

It's SO cool I can't get over it!

Btw...you don't believe in doing anything the easy way do you? This Adele lesson the first TG Lesson? Most people would have gone with a campfire Kumba Ya sorta thing...I would think.lol

familyman4

Tue May 28, 2013 5:10 pm

Well now, that was just great! :)

I went to the play through just so I could see you in action ;) Home run!

Thank you for the lesson and thank you for taking on the new responsibility at TG. We will have many years together.

Thanks Neil, Matt and the rest of the decision makers for making this happen...

Bart

Chasplaya

Tue May 28, 2013 5:23 pm

Wow what a way to start! I've now listened to the entire lesson and couldn't help but reach for my Alhambra and make a start. One thing I shan't be singing this one... But so pleased you did, that's an awesome and welcome addition to the lessons; to actually be able to see and hear the transitions with the lyrics , absolutely fabulous!

More Adele!

Great lesson thank you

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic