>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - The Last Time - Rolling Stones

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Thu May 30, 2013 1:16 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

The Last Time is a 3-chord classic from the Rolling Stones’ early days. It was released as a single in 1965 and became their third #1 hit. The rhythm guitar part uses only E, D, and A chords and a great blues riff played by Brian Jones complements it. The lesson includes a look at Keith Richards short solo licks as well as a way to combine the guitar parts into a solo accompaniment.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

unclewalt

Thu May 30, 2013 2:21 pm

This lesson reminded me of the chords in Pure Prairie League's "Amie," so I checked out the lesson for that one, and, yep, mixolydian. I love that I'm finally learning this stuff, and actually applying it.

It also made me think of some Buddy Holly tune, just on the periphery of my mind, but I'm not pulling it. Anybody?

willem

Thu May 30, 2013 2:24 pm

Every day is a fest here,,thx

love the stones then and now..

Willem

suziko

Fri May 31, 2013 12:59 pm

unclewalt wrote:
This lesson reminded me of the chords in Pure Prairie League's "Amie," so I checked out the lesson for that one, and, yep, mixolydian. I love that I'm finally learning this stuff, and actually applying it.

It also made me think of some Buddy Holly tune, just on the periphery of my mind, but I'm not pulling it. Anybody?
Kinda sounds like Not Fade Away to me! Is that the one you were thinking of?

unclewalt

Fri May 31, 2013 3:00 pm

suziko wrote:
unclewalt wrote:

Kinda sounds like Not Fade Away to me! Is that the one you were thinking of?
I think it probably was, but with a day's distance from listening, I can't be totally sure.

thereshopeyet

Fri May 31, 2013 9:34 pm

Neil

Thanks
Dermot

Hydroman52

Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:22 am

Would the correct terminology be........Playing an Em pentatonic solo over the top of a cord progression in the Key of A Mixolydian?

willem

Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:49 pm

Hydroman52 wrote:
Would the correct terminology be........Playing an Em pentatonic solo over the top of a cord progression in the Key of A Mixolydian?
Hi Rick,,can you explain to me why this should work? for me the key A is the key of A !! or when comes MIXOLYDIAN in?

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic