>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Give Me One Reason - Tracy Chapman

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:34 am

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

This rhythmic tune appeared on Tracy Chapman’s fourth album ‘New Beginning’ and became a huge hit in 1995. Give Me One Reason features a classic 12 bar blues progression played in the key of F# using barre chords. For guitar players who want to take their guitar playing to the next level by adding barre chords to their playing, this song will be a great start. This lesson will also get into the structure of a 12 bar blues progression, since every musician should be able to play this in any given key.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

suziko

Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:02 am

Another excellent lesson, Vanessa!! I watched the whole thing and really enjoyed it. Having done a blues class this past spring, this'll be really fun for me to work on. Loved the play-through, too. Superstar!!! :)

Suzi

sbutler

Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:20 am

Vanessa, you are such a natural teacher and very much at ease on the camera, you did a great job on a fun song. Maybe we'get to see Suzi do her hair like Tracy Chapman, and up load this for review. :laugh:

Scott

willem

Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:56 pm

Yes Lovely song,,that will give me some blúes,,Vanes great teaching,I liked your counting,,you made looking it is so easy,,

:woohoo: :woohoo: B)

Willem

PS Every week a lesson from you would add a lot at our repertoire,,

lueders

Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:43 pm

:) :) :) :) :) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Seems like such a short time ago you uploaded this tune. Oh how I begged, pleaded, and lobbied for you to do it. (And my wish was granted.)Now you are doing a fantastic lesson on it. That upload was amazing...so many emoticons...lol! Good times!!
So very, very cool! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :laugh: :laugh:

michelew

Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:59 pm

Nessa,

WOW! This lesson is a FEAST of COOOOOOOOOOLL!!!! I LOVE it and it's so much fun too.

I'll be getting it down ASAP. I might even do the lead thing as well. :)

I love all the detail you've put into this including how Tracy changes up the plucking, killing the chords and the way you've counted it out. It's a great road map to getting this song down.

I noticed a cheeky, peak of knee at one point (just like Neil). I'm wondering whether Scott will get his wish and we might see bare feet and a Hawaiian shirt creep in too.

You really look like you're enjoying yourself in this. Your star qualities shine the WHOLE way through. :) :) :)

It's is a fantastic lesson, an adventure in cool!

THANKS!

Shel

PS - Cori - I well remember the emoticon cheer squad. :) :) :) that was a FABULOUS performance by She's-The-Ness-Super-Star. Did we reach 1000? Well here's a couple more for good measure. :) B) B) B) B) B) coooooooool AS.

tjwatson10167

Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:33 am

Ooooooooooh guys and gals, what a bunch of sweeties you are!!!!! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

As you can imagine, veeeeeeery happy you've enjoyed it, absolutely did my best! :) :)

Thanks so much all!!! :cheer:

tombo1230

Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:02 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
Ooooooooooh guys and gals, what a bunch of sweeties you are!!!!! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

As you can imagine, veeeeeeery happy you've enjoyed it, absolutely did my best! :) :)

Great lesson Vanessa! As well as that, what I also like is how much you are really enjoying doing these lessons. It's obviously a labour of love, going by your beaming smile. :)

Keep up the good work. :)

Tom N.

cosmicmechanic

Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:07 am

:) :) :):):):)

More smiling Tom! And yeah, I do love teaching, in person, but obviously also on camera.... ;) ! thanks so much for your support!

tombo1230 wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:

Great lesson Vanessa! As well as that, what I also like is how much you are really enjoying doing these lessons. It's obviously a labour of love, going by your beaming smile. :)

Keep up the good work. :)

Tom N.

thereshopeyet

Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:40 am

Vanessa

You sure put together a good lesson.
We're so spoilt for choice.

Neil said get new strings in the news..... I have new strings..... I need a new guitar to put them on !!

:laugh: :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic